Coast Valve Kit for RTV

BBrian

Good evening
I was browsing around and saw a valve for the hst Kubota RTV that is supposed to eliminate the lurching stop when you let off the pedal. I don't mind it with my L3200 but it is a bit annoying on a side by side. Has anyone tried it? It sounds easy to install but how snake oily is it? I surely don't want to damage my expensive new toy.

tfdr1

Good evening
I was browsing around and saw a valve for the hst Kubota RTV that is supposed to eliminate the lurching stop when you let off the pedal. I don't mind it with my L3200 but it is a bit annoying on a side by side. Has anyone tried it? It sounds easy to install but how snake oily is it? I surely don't want to damage my expensive new toy.

I put one in my X900 shortly after I got it a few years ago and it's nice to not get tossed into the windshield when you let off the accelerator. Takes about 5 minutes to install.

Dave

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
I had a 900 with a coast valve, and a x1100 without. I wore the brakes out on the 900. I never use the brakes on the x1100. The brakes are a pain to change.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I put one in my old 900. I took it back out. I live in very hilly terrain and didn't like going down the hills without the full engine braking.