Cabela's LM50H Problem

I am searching for an exploded view of the hydrostatic transmission for a Cabela's LM50H tractor or something that is similiar to it. Or a service manual for the hydrostatic transmission. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cabela tractors are made by TYM.
Here's their website for manuals but it doesn't appear they have service manuals online.

Here's a Facebook group for TYM tractors. They may be able to help.
www.facebook.com/groups/2033221970333690

Fedup

As a general rule, TYM doesn't supply much for service manuals. They tend to keep the inner workings secret, even from their dealer service departments. Cabela outlets would get even less. I don't know what you were told before buying that tractor, but don't expect a lot of product support.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As a general rule, TYM doesn't supply much for service manuals. They tend to keep the inner workings secret, even from their dealer service departments. Cabela outlets would get even less. I don't know what you were told before buying that tractor, but don't expect a lot of product support.
That is horrible.

It doesn't look like this was a very popular tractor. All I can find is filters kits for it. It's not my tractor just helping a friend out. He needs the gaskets for the hydrostatic transmission. After doing some research, I think TYM made the tractor. Maybe I can get the gaskets through them. I think they want you to get all the service work done through a dealership. Us poor folk can't do that. lol.

Thank you for all your help. I will relay the information.

Karla Brooks

Looks like he needs the gaskets for the hydrostatic transmission pump. He said it would be nice to have a picture of it but he just needs the gaskets/seals and he is good. lol. I sent an email to a TYM dealer in Texas. Maybe they will be able to help.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Karla Brooks

Fedup

Just a quick look on Tractor data shows TYM built a T503 from 2006 - 2015. The Cabela LM50 was listed from 2013 - 2016. It even lists the T503 as a variant. Both were rated at 50 HP engines, but the Cabela has a Perkins and the TYM has a Caterpillar. Both listed a hydrostatic transmission version as well as gear drive. It might not be too far of a stretch to expect some similarities between the two tractors. The hydrostat being one of them.

Thank you. That will be most helpful. I'm wondering if I should email more than one dealership. Like everything else, some might be more informed than the others?

Karla Brooks

Fedup

Not necessarily more informed, but more importantly, more willing to help. Dealership staff can be salaried or hourly paid. The tech help is mostly hourly, and their time is monitored and accounted for. They usually can't spend a great deal of time searching out information such as this just to be helpful to someone. The parts counter people have the time, but don't always know what they're looking for.

I'm sure they want you to bring it in to the shop. Completely understandable. I have serached high and low for both the Cabela's and the TYM parts and come up empty handed all around. Surely you can buy a rebuild kit for this hydrostatic pump? Where do the dealers get their parts to repair stuff. I'm not one to give up on a search, but I'm getting frustated with this. I guess I will have to figure out who made the pump for the transmission and go from there?
Thanks,
Karla

Fedup

Sometimes the searches for parts come up empty because with these Korean companies, they tend to join forces, build certain model tractors for a few years, then things don't work out. The companies split apart, the machines they built become orphans, and replacement parts for them are no longer made so the supply just dries up. It happens all the time. TYM, being one of the larger ones, is still in business, but many offshoots and joint ventures have come and gone.