bolt sizes

Are Kubota bolts metric or fractional inches? I started removing the four bolts holding securing the winch plate to the frame held by what I thought were 9/16" inch bolts. Really tight. 3 loosed up fine, the fourth bolt just got "rounded" by the socket. Hope I can go at it from below in the light when when I next have time to work on mounting my winch. Using the KFI mount with a Warn XT40.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
you mean metric or standard right??? if so i think they are metric because the bolts that hold the bootsavers on are metric.so a 9/16 would be around a 12mm or 13mm</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ METRIC !!!!!
</p>

rgm

Tommy & TWO GUNS are right, the Kubota is 100% Metric</p>

BUT...if you are working on a Curtis cab or other bolt-on accessories, evenOEM,it could go either way.</p>

Rich</p>

Yes, I found out after posting the question by widening my search to all Kubota and found this on Tractorbynet:</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><span style="font-family: verdana;">
<div style="margin-right: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: 20px; margin-top: 5px;">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="font: normal normal normal 10pt/normal verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: #efefef; color: #000000; background-position: initial initial; border: 1px inset initial;" class="alt2">
<div>Originally Posted bybotayota </div>
<div style="font-style: italic;">Thanks for all the info on this topic... I did notice that there are always some SAE wrenches that are close to the metric sizes and they fit fine, plus luckily I've got a metric set.</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
the ones that are close (that I use frequently) are

1. <li style="font: normal normal normal 10pt/normal verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">6.5MM=1/4"
    <li style="font: normal normal normal 10pt/normal verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">8MM=5/16"
    <li style="font: normal normal normal 10pt/normal verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">14/15MM=9/16" (depending on the maker of the wrench/bolt and how well made it is)
    <li style="font: normal normal normal 10pt/normal verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">17MM ~ 11/16"
    <li style="font: normal normal normal 10pt/normal verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">19MM = 3/4
    <li style="font: normal normal normal 10pt/normal verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">24MM = 15/16
    <li style="font: normal normal normal 10pt/normal verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">25MM ~ 1"
</span></p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">
Legalese: this not a complete list, it is provided as-is for information only and is not guaranteed to be accurate, I am not responsible for any broken tools, parts, or people as a result of this information.

Aaron Z</p>

Hopefully I have not rounded the bolt head too much.</p>

PS KFI does not mention removing the lower black plastic grille in their instructions for the Warn mount but it makes a huge difference.</p>

</p>

</p>

G

</p>

Typicaly Kubota products are a mix of SAE and Metric depending on where they where built. I'd think the RTV is a mix, but I could be wrong. </p>

muleman2

I have to agree with messick on the mix of sizes. I found the same situation when I dropped my belly pans to change oil and clean out the mud that the pressure washer did not get off. the rear guards were metric allen but inch hex heads. I am lucky that I have a VERY complete collection of tools in both S.A.E. and metric from working on japanese machining centers and lathes. My 98 chevy 3500 truck is a mix also. adjustment bolts are inch and motor bolts are metric. I assume that is because it is a canadian engine. My 05 suburban is the same way. anymore when I do service work I get out the inch and metric socket sets. I have not had to work on my Gehl skid steer very much yet but would expect the same thing on it as it has a Deutz diesel. most everything else is inch. this is the way of the world with components manufactured globaly. Bill B.</p>