Blizzard plow on RTV900

OK so I am really close to pulling the trigger on a Blizzard plow for my RTV900. The Kanlan V plow hydraulics use the cubby where my winch is mounted (the standard spot) and I can't figure out where else I would put it. Interestingly it was not that much more money, but I don't need the V more than I must keep the winch in.</p>

The installation manual for the Blizzard undercarriage mount states that the nudge bar comes off and stays off:</p>

"<span style="font-size: 10px; color: #231e20;">Remove all accessories (including the grille guard), if applicable, from the front of the vehicle. These accessories should not be reinstalled while the snowplow is installed on the vehicle. Retain the accessories and fasteners for reinstallation if the snowplow is ever removed."</span></p>

On the other hand I remember reading in these parts that several Alcoa RTV900's had the nudge bars in place with the plows. Can anyone confirm this or tell me to forget it? As you can see in the photo, it's not just about the nudge bar, but my winch fairlead roller assembly is sitting out there too mounted to the KFI mount.</p>

Last question(s) : where do most people put the joystick control? Strapped to the seat bench may be OK except when one of my two dogs wants to ride up there- better take it off before he starts operating it! Maybe on dash in blank where speedo goes in those so equipped. Maybe touchpad control better in that location. Anyone use the Blizzard optional touchpad? Like it?</p>

Thanks</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Try search the forum for Alcoa.</p>

In this thread, http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/p/3115/14619.aspx#14619</p>

it was mentioned that the grill guard and stuff stayed on and there were no clearance issues.</p>

I didn't do a search for joystick but it's probably mentioned as well.</p>

Thanks, I could not locate that when I searched on Alcoa.</p>

This said I am having second thoughts and now leaning to the Meyer Drive Pro. It looks like it is built tougher - 14 gauge moldboard vs 16; 6 vertical ribs instead of 4; lift cylinder looks huge. Longer warranty too.</p>

http://www.meyerproducts.com/Plows/UtilityVehicle.aspx</p>

Here's a picture of the blizzard mounted on my 900..Keep the weight of the unit in mind because they can cause quite a "squat" when the blade is lifted.</p>

The blizzardcontrol pad on my unit. If you have an unheated cab, I,d go with the joy stick as the touch pad is hard to use with thick gloves and impossible with mitts. </p>

This picture of the Blizzard mounted on your 'bota tells me everything I needed to know about clearance for my winch fairlead. Now just to decide between the Meyer Drive Pro and the Blizzard 680LT. Looks like I will even be able to winch with the blade in place but lowered because of the low profile of the Blizzard hydraulics. Thanks too for the advice re joystick vs touch pad-- my cab is breezy- just a steel roof.</p>

</p>