Blizzard plow mounts OK with winch in place?

Does anyone have both a winch mounted in the "pocket" and a Blizzard LT680 or LT720 on their RTV 900?</p>

We finally got fed up with plow services damaging the driveway, lawn, trees, stone walls, etc that we are breaking down and getting a plow for the Kubota. Driveway is not long, but just a little steep and awkward for a full size truck to plow. I have never plowed in my life but I know I can do a better job. Isn't this why we get these RTV's anyway?</p>

Kubota is now offering a V angle articulated plow out of Canada that looks expensive. Has anyone see it in action. I am sure it is overkill. I like the idea of the easy on/off with the Blizzard mount system.</p>

Thanks for any pointers especially regarding interference from a winch.</p>

Hi Tinker...</p>

I have a BLIZZARD Blade on my RTV900.. As long as the winch is in the cubby hole at the front, it will not interfere with the Blizzard quick mount. My blade is a 720 electric over hydraulic (power lift/lower, power angle left/tight. Once the mounting bracket is attached to the front of the RTV (4 bolts at front bumper and 2 under neath at skid plate), the blade attaches in about 5 minutes. </p>

The V-angle you refer to is a KANLAN and I've watched one in action at the dealer and it's a real nice piece of hardware and works very well. I believe the price differential between the Blizzard and Kanlan is minimal. If I were to have my choice between the two, I'd go for the Kanlan because of its added versatity but as I said I already have a Blizzard and it works very well. </p>

If your drivway was previously plowed by a pu with a blade, your RTV will have no difficulty because its more manuverable than the pu. The RTV will push snow in 4wd to the point of extending the 4tilter springs before it starts to loose traction.</p>

Thanks for answering about the winch. Forgot to mention I also have the nudge bar, though I would not really miss it. Do you think the Kanlan is just as quick to put on and remove?</p>

If my memory serves me right (and I do have my occasional seniors moment), the Kanlan uses a 3 pin quick mount. The one I saw on a RTV900, the RTVhad the nudge bar also. I believe the Kanlan use the RTV hydraulic system where as the Blizzard utilizes its own electric over hydraulic system. I have heard concern from others about the current draw of the Blizzard hyd pump, but this is really of no concern as the pump only runs when the operator calls for a raise/lower or angle movement to take place (the pump is not continuously running)...and as I said I have the Blizzard and my 5 year old battery is still ticking fine.</p>

If my memory serves me right (and I do have my occasional seniors moment), the Kanlan uses a 3 pin quick mount. The one I saw on a RTV900, the RTVhad the nudge bar also. I believe the Kanlan use the RTV hydraulic system where as the Blizzard utilizes its own electric over hydraulic system. I have heard concern from others about the current draw of the Blizzard hyd pump, but this is really of no concern as the pump only runs when the operator calls for a raise/lower or angle movement to take place (the pump is not continuously running)...and as I said I have the Blizzard and my 5 year old battery is still ticking fine.</p>

Meyer has a new offering but so far the Blizzard LT looks like the way to go. Hard to get much detailed info from Kanlan. And no-one here seems to have actually used or owned an Kanlan plow. Now real question is whether to get the 680LT or the 720LT? Unless my dealer surprises me with a great deal on the Kubota marketed Kanlan product and guarantees that I can leave my winch and nudgebar in place, and stands behind the Kanlan product if it breaks.</p>