Better mention this

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I thought I better mention this... I noticed I had begun losing air in my Mudlite XTRs , esp the rear. I have quite a bit of slime in them butair is coming out and it's not around the valve stems either. I have a few cracks running with the tread and had considered just putting in tubes until today.. There it was... the evil: ever so slight....bulge ..Yes, it is there.Between the tread. separation in the making..I still have a lot of tread even though I havearound 600 hrs on this set of tires.I plan to use them as long as is safe then I may get some of those rough riding Essex surefoots. I will probably just replace the 2 rear troublemakers. I do ask a lot of them hauling minerals, posts, pulling heavy troughs etc...I wanted to keep all informed on this tire issue..2200 RTV hrs and counting.. Bordercollie</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about that. Have you contacted the mfgr? I'm thinking they would want to know and may also take care of replacing.</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I feel like bczoom, and also agree with him, need to contact the mfgr and let's see what theyhave to say. >>>>>>></p>

~~~~~~~~ jamie</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
if you search around other forums them xtr's don't have a very good reputation. alot of people say the sidewalls give out real easy and they punctures alot easier than most tires i came really close to getting some too but i read up on them and decided not to i think it's basicly a litle trail tire no heavy trail riding at all or your gonna run into trouble .before buying a tire don't just talk or aske about it on this one forum go to other forums that have rhino's cats.and anyother utv's and ask or just read and see what they are saying . and from what inread the ones that have put them on well they say they waisted their money and as soon as they have to swap them out they are going with a diferent tire . i do see alot of xtr's out there but like i said the owners all regret buying them because of the flats and week sidewalls. now two tires i have used and will used again are 589's/mudlite xl's they are great they are some thick tires i can show you some pictures of my 4almost 5 year old 589's that i run mainly down a paved road and thay still have most of the tread left in the rear . not in the front because of the turn i have to take but thats understandable but man that tires is indistrutuble. now the mudlite xl's they have pretty much the same lug pattern and deep lugs but they come to a little bit of a point so it gives you a bit more smoother ride than the 589's but they still bite in the mud. but do some reading on other websights on them xtr's and you'll see that your just one of many with a problem with your xtr.</p>

ddttweeks

bordercollie my buddy just had the same problem with his Itp's. Called the mfg'r and e-mailed pictures to them. They are sending him a new pair no charge. His weren't mudlites but they cracked the same way on the end of the lugs.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
that is a problem with all deep lug tires if you do alot of hauling you will tear the lugs off sometimes. i have heard of people ripping their lugs completely off..how old are the tire?600 hours is a good bit of hours .i have 650 hours on my gator and i have about 500 on my 589's and they are doing good .they do show signs of cracking though but thats age and to me it's expected.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for all the replies.I bought these tires last fall.I will try contacting the mfr and see what they have to say about my situation. I avg about 600 hrs a yr on the RTV. I really don't want those rough Essex sure foots but I can't afford to buy a new set of tires every yr.On the 589's, How are the sidewalls so different on the 589's? Thank You. Bordercollie</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
</p>

My heart goes out to you bordercollie ~~~ nothing more aggrivating to have to purchase things twice, so close together !!</p>

All I've ever had other than the OEM atv's, is the 589's..... So really don't have nothing to compare to . Both of them are 6 ply, Including the mudlites..... That being said, and both the 589's and mudlites are coming from ITP .</p>

I can say this, I would first contact the manufactor, and go from there. Myself, have had NO problems with the 589's at all, but I've really only run mine in the winter months, and don't have near the working hours that you have. A very close friend of mine has 589's on three of his RTV's, two Rangers, and two Rhinos that stay in the construction business. And so far, he has had no complants. </p>

But, let me say this, if one has to, and ITP don't stand behind their tire like they should, might just have to get the gut-buster Essex tires, they are tuff !!! Let us know how the ITP company treats you, I'm very concered with it !!!!</p>

~~~~~~~~~ jamie </p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
the side wall are just plain "THICK" out of the two tires i would get the 589's beng the mudlites are really not that agressive as the 589's are in the mud they will get you through it but you have to spin them more than the 589's plus the 589's they bite rite at take off where the mudlites will do a little spinning. both are good gripping tires just one rides smoother .</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
THANKS FOR ENCOURAGING ME TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER . I EMAILED PICTURES AND MUCH TO MY SUPRISE UPS MADE A DROP OFF TODAY.... 2 NEW TIRES FOR THE REAR.[ MY FRONTS WERE O.K.] !!!! I AM VERY PLEASED AND FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THERE ARE STILL COMPANIES THAT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS LIKE ITP [CARLISLE TIRE CO]. I WILL CONTINUE TO GIVE THEM MY BUSINESS AND AGAIN THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE ADVICE BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS "UP THE CREEK".. BORDERCOLLIE</p>

ddttweeks

bordercollie</p>

glad to hear they took care of your tires. not many companies would do that in today's world. I wouldn't have believed it but they took care of friend also.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
itp does stand by their tires . i have heard of other stories with some people doing things with their tires and itp sending them tires or making it good with them too. i try to stick with itp if possible if not 589's i get mudlite xl's. good going bordercollie.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Looks like God smiled on you Bordercollie !!!</p>

I've heard before thatthecompany that makes ITP's, stands bye their products. That why I willpurchase them again and again, just for the way they did you at yourtime of need......</p>

Great going Bordercollie ~~~</p>

<span style="font-size: medium;"><font color="#ff0000"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></font></span></p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yep they do take care of their people who buy thier tires.i wonder when my 589's do happen to wear down in a few more years will they send me some new ones. they only about 5 years old right now and they still just about got half their tread left and i run down a paved road for a mile everyday.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i tell you what i am running on a flat tire on the back right now because i just am to lazy to put air in it. i have been hauling about 800lbs in the bed with a flat and it barely shows a bulg but the tire that isn't flat doesn't bulge thats how i know it's flat .lol but yea these tires held up and are still going .i'm over 700 hours now and just at 5years old on them i run them year roumd and on pavement most of thew time.i can't say enough about them if anyone out there is going to buy some tires please look into them 589's from itp i tell you your machine will give up trying to wear the tires out..</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
send it again and put in the bubject box something like "bootsavers" or something .lol that catches my eye.</p>