Bed Rack

ovrszd

Had to haul some dirt yesterday to finish up a sidewalk project. No dirt on the engine. Life is good!!!!

Attachments

• 20151011_111310 (1280x720).jpg
    20151011_111310 (1280x720).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 20151011_110730 (1280x720).jpg
    20151011_110730 (1280x720).jpg
    101 KB · Views: 145

Mark.Sibole

I load the first rowtward the front where the spread is minimal then throw a ratchet strap from one side of the bed to the other in the middle then load the second row.This way the side wone spread and you can close the tail gate if needed but I cut about 24 to 26 inches for the boiler so there is over hang so the tail gate wont close.My tail gate is dinged up and bent from a few boo boos from the kids.I may have to have peanut build me a new one when i get caught up with doo doo breaking non stop here.If anyone has any xtra money ill give you my address and you can send me some lol.Damn Dumocrat Economy kicking my arse.....

Tact

I load the first rowtward the front where the spread is minimal then throw a ratchet strap from one side of the bed to the other in the middle then load the second row.This way the side wone spread and you can close the tail gate if needed but I cut about 24 to 26 inches for the boiler so there is over hang so the tail gate wont close.My tail gate is dinged up and bent from a few boo boos from the kids.I may have to have peanut build me a new one when i get caught up with doo doo breaking non stop here.If anyone has any xtra money ill give you my address and you can send me some lol.Damn Dumocrat Economy kicking my arse.....

"Damn Dumocrat Economy kicking my arse"........Remember, voting is November 8th. We can help change that!!!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mark - Have you seen the wood bed I made? It was cheap to build and even after 10 years of use and abuse, it's holding up great. My tailgate is a 2x12.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The first picture was when I was making it.
In general:
1/2" exterior plywood base.
6" 5/4 decking boards screwed to 2x4 verticals. The 5/4 boards that make the cap aren't screwed in. You have storage in there.

The 2nd picture.
After it was stained black.
You can see the 2x12" tailgate hinged and cabled to the bed. Latches shown to keep it closed.

Attachments

• MVC-618F.jpg
    MVC-618F.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 63
  • CIMG6330.jpg
    CIMG6330.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 62