Bed Liner and Side Rails for RTV 1100

SmilingFarmer

Hello group!</P>

I am a hobby farmer in southern West Virginia. I have about 125 acres to take care of. I have had a UTV on my wish list for several years but couldn't ever make myself pull the trigger.I have looked at many brands through the years andit certainly can get confusing with the many choicesin the UTV market. I had always heard good things about the Kubota brand but I bought my first piece of Kubota equipment last year (compact excavator kx121-3). I have been thrilled with it so that moved the RTVto the top of my list. When I saw the RTV 1100, I knew that was the UTV I wanted.I have been reading the posts on this discussion board formonths and I learned much more on here than I did at the dealer. I think I kept telling my dealer facts that he did not know about the RTV's. </P>

Well, I broughtmy RTV 1100home yesterday. Got the ATV type tire. Considering the ITP Mudlite XL, XTR radial and the 589's. Not going to go mud bogging but it does get real muddy here in the winter especially around the barn with feeding cattle. I'll see how the ATV tires serve my needs but may upgrade to a more aggressive tire. </P>

I have ordered the parts to raise the air cleaner and also the metal screen to protect the back glass. I didn't price the glass but the screen was $200 and I suspect I would be eventually buying the glass if I don't buy the screen. Anybody have suggestions on a source for a radio and speakers? I bought the Kubota radio for my excavator. It isa good AM/FM radioand has a weather band but $400 is steep!</P>

Anybody tried the do it yourself "paint on" bed liners? I considered the Kubota bedliner or a plywood bed liner but I am leaning toward the "paint on" or "spray on" bed liner. I suspect I'll be hauling lots of things in the bed (firewood, cattle feed, fence supplies, tools, etc)</P>

Last question, I promise! Can you tell I have been saving up all these questions? I want to put some side boards on. Probably going to raise the bed sides an additonal 12" If I go too high, it will restrict my vision out the back. I bought some perforated zinc plated 1" metal tubing that fits perfectly into the stake pockets. The problem is that the front stake pockets are so close to the back glass that the metal tubing will hit the glass. As I said, I ordered the metal screen to protect the glass so I am sure the metal tubing won't work at all once I install the metal screen. Anybody came up with any solutions to the stake pockets being so close to the cab and glass?</P>

Thanks,</P>

SmilingFarmer</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SmileyFarmer,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!!!!

www.audioallies.com is a good place to get stereo components. The RTV is already wired for the stereo but the plug to go into the stereo itself isn't "standard" per se. There's a recent thread on the forum that shows what wire in the harness is what so with that, you can connect the wires.

For the bed liner, the big question is how you utilize your cargo box. If you're doing a lot of dumping (e.g. firewood), you'll want something relatively slippery and impact resistant. The slide-in bed liner (like what you put in a truck) or a piece of plywood would work well. If you don't dump a lot and you want things to stay in place, the spray-on may be preferred. If you have a real mixed bag of chores, doing the spray-in liner then having a slide-in or plywood liner for the times you're doing a lot of dumping (or throwing heavy stuff in there) would be a good approach. If you do a spray-in type, many also remove the rubber floor mat in the passenger compartment and do that area as well.

There's a couple members here that raised their cargo box sides. Hopefully they'll chime in with their designs (and pictures).

Brian

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
WELCOME to the Forum >>>> HAPPY YOU PICKED THE KUBOTA RTV >>> </P>

http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/thread/12421.aspx</P>

Take a look on top on thetopic list, that link stays up there (KUBOTA RTV PARTS & ACCESSORIES ) >>> take a look at it, it is a great guide that one of our senior members started not to long ago. It is a big plus for lookin' up accessories & other things for the RTV's >>>></P>

I myself, have a OEM bedliner, it is a good product.... Slick, but also, on top of it, to keep things from sliding around, have the fatique mats in there. Them mats were purchased before and used while waiting for the Kubota liner to come in >>>>. Would have had a spray-in liner, but there is nobody close enough around me that spray the true Rhino Liner product. So I went with the Kubota >>>>></P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~</FONT> </FONT></P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Boomer

SmilingFarmer: I have used the DuraBak brand of bed liner in my RTV and Trucks. It contains ground rubber tires to provide a non-slip finish, and it comes in many different colors. You roll it on with a open loop roller and that is it. Clean up mistakes and drips with Xylene, and full cure takes about one week. They FedEx to your front door and one gallon is more than enough to do your bed. Bruce J.

notlaw

SmilingFarmer, welcome to your second home. Like Brian said, your radio is already wired and waiting to be either plugged in or just custom installed. Check out some of your big box stores for a good sale of the stereos. Some will even install. I had a shop do mine and they kept the factory harness on and spliced below it, to keep any value. Hey, your speakers are already there in the headliner as well. Don't let the Orange dealer take you on that $400 stereo w/ installation. Some won't tell you that all that is ready to go. </P>

Also, ask the dealer for the take home price of the screen. My five year old could install it. You'll like it. Just flip it up to clean the back glass.</P>

A fabricator will help you with a design to utilize your stake pockets and raise your sides. I have the Turbo Liner sprayed in mine very, very nice product, I think they can even do orange, check out the web site. I think it may be turboliner.com. I'll try to check if it is correct or do a search.</P>

Brian</P>

dkf435

Only thing that I can say about the rear screen and adding extensions to the bed it to check the clearance very carryful as you lift the bed up. Found out first time with load of fire wood that if you have anything near the top of bed and to the front of it that it can contact the screen in the dump cycle.</P>

</P>

David</P>

</P>

KitC

SmilingFarmer,
I put this kind of rack on my wife's 900. She likes it. Nuff said..:)

Note how I bent the front tubes to clear the cab. The screen is on the outside, attached to the rack.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Smiling farmer, I bought my AM/FMweatherband radio from a marine supply place {weather resistant.}You might also check Amazon. Iam proud of my plastic bedliner because I carry minerals and want something easy to wash out. T posts pose no problem to this liner as I still have no dents on my unit and I carry a lot of those posts at times.But my favorite part of the liner is the protection it offers for over the rail protection.I just love it for this alone but then add the molded drink holders on the tailgate protector and It makes even that bad job out in the field do able...just cause you can let the gate down do your work and reach for your diet coke.... then..just then... all is right with the world.Bordercollie[&][&]

pivatic1

www.crutchfield.com. I'll be buying a radio with usb support and outdoor speakers for our new RTV 1100 which is supposed to be delivered today or tomarrow. You can get a good radio for $100 and shipped in a day or two.

jessica33

</p>

QWIKLINER® can be applied to a wide range of products and equipment, designed to protect a variety of substrates in all types of industry. Our environmentally safe linings are made of 100% solid, hybrid polyurea and offer high tensile strength, impressive elongation, and superior abrasion & corrosion resistance. Some example Applications: Secondary Containment, Solid Waste Handling Equipment, Manhole Renovation, Water & Sewage Treatment & Containment, Chemical Tanks, Hoppers & Chutes, Tanks, Pipes, Ponds, Tunnels & Reservoirs, Industrial Floors, Concrete Block & Poured Walls, Silos, Mining Equipment, Agricultural Equipment, Decorative Products & Signage, Highway Markings, Asbestos & Lead Encapsulate</p>

Extend the life of your vehicle and increase the NADA / Blue Book re-sale value with a real sprayed-on bedliner.all the answers you know at Qwikliner,http://www.qwikliner.com.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hello jessica33,</p>

Happy you join the club ~~~</p>

How long have you had this in your RTV ? Is the texture rough or smooth ? You must really believe in this product !!!!</p>

~~~~~~~~~~ two guns </p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
those rails must be for hauling hay or something right? or do they slide down to close the gap in the bottom?</p>

eric13

I understand u can consult this to Qwikliner. </p>

QwikLiner truck bed liners are the worldwide leader in sprayed on polyurethane linings for truck beds, trailers, and specialized applications. Qwik Linings, the leader in truck bed liners,low cost lining system that delivers the highest quality.</p>

jose55

QWIK Liner® is a permanently bonded protective barrier between your vehicle and the outside environment, protecting your investment from rust, dents, scratches, and chemical corrosion. Unlike drop-in liners that promote payload slippage, and allow moisture and dirt to get trapped underneath causing rust and corrosion, QWIK LINER® sets in seconds, conforming to every curve of your vehicle for immediately use. Extend the life of your vehicle and increase the NADA / Blue Book re-sale value with a real sprayed-on bedliner.</p>

QwikLiner truck bed liners are the worldwide leader in sprayed on polyurethane linings for truck beds, trailers, and specialized applications. Qwik Linings, the leader in truck bed liners,low cost lining system that delivers the highest quality.Smilies:</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Jose55 & Eric13. Enough with the Quik Liner. Put another spam post in and they're all going away. That's also true if another new member comes in and promotes the product.</p>

jik

</p>
<div><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;">Congratulation on your 1100 purchase. You will never regret the purchase. </span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"></span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;">1. Cab is very tight, doors will be hard to close due to cab pressure. When we are going to be in and out allot we unlock the to handles on the front window. When the doors shut the window moves forward some and releases cab presser. </span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;">2. Your tires will work fine for farming. More aggressive tires dig holes.</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;">3. We doctor our cattle with dart pistol. 1100 cab prevents good firing positions.</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;">Like you, we learned everything from this web site. i.e. Go-light and mirrors.</span></div>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It appears the spammer is back. When the cats away the mice will try to play . Bordercollie</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Spamming like this, make oneNOT want to use their products. They were asked not to do this onthis site.</p>

Everybody down heregets there equipment and toys sprayed with liners. Either in the bed, or around what they want or feel like they needprotected. </p>

NOW, FOR THEIR ( spammers for quickliner ) ACTIONSTHEY HAVE TAKEN ON THIS SITE,I WILL MAKE IT MY #1 JOB, TO MAKE SURE EVERYBODY I KNOW WHO NEEDS OR WANTS SPRAYLINER WORK, NOT TO USE THEIR PRODUCTS OR ANYTHING ELSE THEY MAY PUSH ~~~~~ YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK !!!!!</p>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jamie ( TWO GUNS ) </p>

</p>