Australia RTV Owner Needs Tire Source

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Been making contact with a gentleman that purchased a new RTV in Aulstralia, he needs some aggressive tires...... He says he has looked .... But cannot find anything there that we have. Does anyone have any sources or ideas so we might can give this man a helping hand. He contacted several sources from the internet that states they have distributors in that country, But nothing is paning out. Any & all help will be appreciated much !!!</P>

Cost of having them shipped from the United States to Aulstralia is terrible !!!! [8o|]</P>

[*-)]</P>

Thanks, </P>

Two Guns ~~~~</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Jamie,

Has he made a tire selection? Brand, model...
If not available, does he have a 2nd or 3rd choice?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
bczoom,</P>

He said first choice was the ITP's or Maxxis</P>

26" or 27"</P>

9" x 11"</P>

9" x 12"</P>

10 " x 11 " / or 12"</P>

He found some Kenda Bear Claws, but found out they were not really for the RTV thing, to weak of a tire for the machine !!!! And also couldn't get the true size that he wanted !!!They said the Bear Claws are really for the four-wheelers ~~~</P>

[*-)]</P>

wilsonj

bczoom, as Two Guns has mentioned I was looking at the Kendas, then the maxxis, but no one brings them into Australia. The same goes for all the other popular brands. At least for the sizes that fit the RTV.</P>

I reduced the tire pressure today from 20psi to around 15 and it has made quite a difference. I can get around most places in 2wd, and anywhere in 4wd. So even though a more aggressive tread tire would be nice, its probably not neccessary.</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How about tires (and maybe rims) off a Kubota BX tractor? The Kubota dealer would have those and possibly in stock. I believe they're also wider which would provide better floatation in the sand.

I'm checking around to see if I can find a place that will ship to Australia.

wilsonj

Thanks bczoom, I see the tractor has the 26-12-12 tyre. Do you know anyone that has put on 12" wide tyres? Just wondering if they would fit on the front, as they might rub at full steering lock.</P>

I'd really like 12s on the back and maybe even 9s on the front, but doesn't look like they have them.</P>

I'll ring Kubota Australia on Monday and see what they say.</P>

</P>

Cheers</P>

Jamie</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Check out this thread.
http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/thread/11573.aspx
Member ez chair just put them on his RTV.

ez chair

Hi wilsonj, The BX tires are great. Plenty of traction and a wide footprint for flotation. No problem with hitting, even in full turn. I am using them on BX wheels which bolt direct. If you have a Kubota dealer you have access. They are shipped to the dealer all mounted. Hope this helps.