3 Pt hitch for RTV

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I just saw this advertized in the Southern Farm and Livestock Directory. " 3 pt hitch for Kubota RTV- category 1 3 pt hitch will fit front or rear of Kubota RTV with 600 lbs lifting capacity. Will also fit Toolcat-different capacity.... It is $1695 delivered This guy makes them... this is the link.... www.rtvhitchworks.com bordercollie

I viewed that site before. Fairly simple idea. My Allis Chalmers D-15 has a similar setup because it was not designed as a three point hitch. A modified snow plow mount with extended movable arms and a small hydraulic ram.
The problem lies in the fact there is no way to introduce a pto shaft. Most useful three popint attachments I have require this. I doubt if this mount... an extension of the existing inch and a quarter square tube mount, is going to be that sturdy and have the side to side strength to hold up with turning a heavy attachment. The tube rear frame is a good suspension for hauling loads in the box. It is not the answer to replace my compact tractor that was engineered for this purpose.
A minor modification on a snow plow frame should net the same results

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's good to know Agent Blue.I have no use for it myself but thought it was interesting. bordercollie

DIXIEDOG

I could see use for it, it would be great for a small rear blade or something along those lines. Nothing I'd want but neat just the same.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
..... nice hitch

Built a hitch, but it is facricated onto one impliment, the grader >>>>>

I am going to have to look into this Bordercollie, thanks for the link !!!!

............ two guns

Attachments

• DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 225

Pinnacle

Guys, I have had a Koplin Dirtworks 3 point on my 900 since last year. I used the blade for snow last winter, and the box scraper ends on the blade for driveway maint etc. Works pretty dang good and is not huge expensive and has a electric lift motor. That could easily be changed to tie into the hydraulic system which would be even better. Same width as 900, so works out pretty good.

3 Point Hitch

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 219

Pinnacle

and here is where I bought it and also the hitch mount for the RTV which is WAY stronger than the baby hitch from Bota. You can see in the picture below, this hitch replaces the rear trans cover, and bolts right on. So far, it has proved very strong, and has shown no bending sideways, or otherwise.

Bonus is, this also gives you a full size hitch to move trailers and other things around with ease.

Buy Here

Attachments

• kubota3.jpg
    kubota3.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 216

Pinnacle

examples .............

Attachments

• Koplin14.jpg
    Koplin14.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Koplin13.jpg
    Koplin13.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Koplin12.jpg
    Koplin12.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Koplin11.jpg
    Koplin11.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 212

cattleman

Satisfied Customer

I bought one of the Farmboy hitches from RTV Hitchworks at the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville in February. Not only have I been able to use the snow plow I also got from them (which is great since it sticks far enough out in front of the Kubota to be able to be seen) but I've hooked up a 2 row Yetter planter and a disk harrow and they worked great!

Further, due to my arthritis, the Farmboy hitch used with my RTV 1100 is much easier on me to use than the tractors, since its easier to get in and out of. Less stress on my joints. This setup has saved me a lot of time and pain.

Mark.Sibole

How well if the add on hitch plate working for you.
Im contimplating making one for my machine.
I have the seteel here but want to know if its worth the effort of fabricating and welding one up.

Mark

Pinnacle

How well if the add on hitch plate working for you.
Im contimplating making one for my machine.
I have the seteel here but want to know if its worth the effort of fabricating and welding one up.

Mark

Mark, the hitch plate I have has been brilliant. I sure have put it to the test, as I bladed heavy snow this last winter, and just the other day was out with my box scraper attachment grading my drive and road. All good, no complaints. As it is a standard 2" hitch, way better than the very small stock hitch so low down on the rear axle.

UTV Hitchworks

UTV Hitchworks

I just saw this advertized in the Southern Farm and Livestock Directory. " 3 pt hitch for Kubota RTV- category 1 3 pt hitch will fit front or rear of Kubota RTV with 600 lbs lifting capacity. Will also fit Toolcat-different capacity.... It is $1695 delivered This guy makes them... this is the link.... www.rtvhitchworks.com bordercollie

We at UTV Hitchworks would like to thank you for your post on May 29, 2011 where you informed everyone about our 3-point hitch, “The Farmboy”. It was great to see the news spread beyond what we ourselves are doing, especially in forums such as this one. We just wanted to let you know that we don’t take for granted the contributions of people such as yourself and give you the thanks you deserve. We received an order for a Farmboy from someone who saw our product through your post here. Once again, thank you.

Staff, UTV Hitchworks

Mark.Sibole

Thanks for the info Pinnacle .
Im gunna head down to the steel store next week and pick up the materials.
I should be able to make one for about 40 bucks or less.

Mark