WInch

I am in the market for a winch any suggestions? i am considering the Warn XT30. I was told that the XT40 would pull my frame in half.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A Warn or Ramsey 3000# is a fine starting point. If your conditions are severe, something heavier may be appropriate. Oh, I assure you a 4000# won't pull your frame apart. That may happen with a lighter built machine but not the RTV. I run a Ramsey 3000# and with a snatch block (doubling pull power), have dragged my RTV with emergency brake on and fully depressing the brake pedal.</p>

If you're going to use it for a plow or lifting, get the optional mechanical brake. Without it, after a period, pressure will be released and the cable will slowly spool out. </p>

Some have a wired or wireless remote option. If the intent is to drag things to your RTV (e.g. logs) a remote that allows you to be at the towed object as opposed to sitting in the cab is beneficial.</p>

</p>

Yes the parts guy i talked to worked at a kawasaki/Honda/suzuki dealership and wasnt familiar with the tank RTV but although i want the warn xt40 i might just go with the XT30 with synthetic line and wireless remote for $485</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds like a plan. The XT30 should fit in the built-in compartment in the front of the RTV. If you're using the Amsteel, you'll want to use the howse fairlead and not the roller type. Before permanently mounting the antenna, play with different locations so you have a good spot for reception. Mine has a magnetic mount that I stuck to some flat steel directly under the hood.</p>