Winch

tap rtv

I just bought another 05 rtv 900 it has a power winch on it but the switch will not reel in, anybody know what kind of switch I can replace it with? Power Winch is the name brand.The only place I can find them isBass Pro. butno parts. Thanks for your help.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
try these guys out they have a switch upgrade kit that will work with most if not every winch i bought one for my warn it for me 32.00 with shipping and it took 4 days to come in. tell them tommy sent you!! the kit comes with the whole kit and kabootle to wire up the winch meaning the switch /contact switch and all the cables to. you can't beat that price warn wanted 100.00+ bucks just for the contact switch.</p>

eBay Store - Gorilla Winch: ATV Accessories, Honda, 2000LB</p>

</p>

</p>

eBay Motors: UNIVERSAL 12V ATV WINCH UPGRADE KIT WIRELESS REMOTE VI (item 190257461956 end time Oct-09-08 06:57:03 PDT)</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Which kind of switch does it have?</p>

More often than not, a simple cleaning of the contacts in the switch fixes it (if the switch is of a type that you can open). A little dielectric grease inside the switch should stop it from happening again.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
you can open the toggle switchs but i wouldn't recomend opening the contact switch because the wires inside are so small they will break. my old john deerecontact witch was sealed the gorilla switchscan come apart but they have a fine hair size wire wrapped around two coilds inside and they break easy. (trust me) lol warn is made the same way.one trick i always do and never leave home without is a pair of jumper cables . if your switch goes out on the winch all you have to do is connect theposotive/negative cables to the battery and then go up front to the winch and tounch the other end of the cable to the post on the winch.pos/ pos will spool the winch in and pos/neg will spool out.i learned this a few years back when my warn switch started acting up on my hpx thats another reason i like to keep my winch out where i can get to it. well keep us posted on what you find or get.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="tommy 20/69"] you can open the toggle switchs but i wouldn't recomend opening the contact switch because the wires inside are so small they will break.[/quote]</p>

Agreed if it's in fact a small toggle switch.</p>

If he has one of the larger switches that Warn and Power Winch used to use, it's a big old switch and access to the contacts is pretty easy and they're not little wires.</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thats what i had on my hpx the old style warn switch it have the two little can like cylinders and all the contacts was on the outside the switch . . it didn't take it but two years to corode up on me.</p>

tap rtv

Thanks I saw these on ebay the other night,just did not know if they would work or not,will order today</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yes they will work with pretty much any winch . they work with my warn. post some pictures of your setup when your done.</p>