Wheel Spacers

anyone have wheel spacers on the RTV. I was considering installing a set to give it a wider stance even though it will only be 2 inches. Can they really support all the weight of my steel cab, my glass windshield and all my cargo?</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Johndeeremho"]Can they really support all the weight of my steel cab, my glass windshield and all my cargo?[/quote]</p>

Most people I know cringe thinking about what would happen if the spacer should fail and therefore haven't installed them. Another problem is the rubbing on the fenders that would most likely occur.</p>

</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Think about it, with wheel spacers,the wheels are further outward, in which will put more pressure ( leverage ),on theshafts, bearings, races going to & the tranny. Don't think the engineering of the tranny / shafts,was designed for this. My opinon, it woulddo some pre-mature wear on some parts from the hub on back toward thehydro - tranny >>>></p>

</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
in a way they would and in away they wouldn't if you take and put larger after market tires then you are infact sticking out 2" further than a stock tire just about the same as a spacer would do so if you have oversized tires on then i woudn't put spacers too but if you have stock tires then spacers are ok but aftermarket tires and spacers are maybe pushing it a bit.</p>