We did it! New 2015 RTV-X1100c!!!

Nevadablue

First, thanks to everyone here who unwittingly helped me make the decision. I have scoured the forum for tidbits and even the dealer said... "you did your homework". I think I asked all the right questions, ordered the right accessories and got a good deal. Bottom line, the dealer knocked off $3000 for me.
Needless to say, the boss approved, and she loved the rig the second she got in the seat.

image.jpg12.jpg

I will pick it up in about a week. We live in a very remote location and I'm 150 miles from the dealer. I need to take my trailer into town (120 mile round trip) to get new tires and some of the accessories I ordered won't be in for a few days anyway. I ordered a spare wheel and tire, two outside mirrors, sun visors, mud and stick guards.

I'll post a few pictures for future reference. I couldn't find a good 'under hood' pic or one of a cab interior where I knew it was a 2015 version.

Nevadablue

The outside stuff is dusty because Nevada IS dusty.

The overhead console. I'm tickled with that. I have front and rear work lights to install and that console and the built in wiring should make that easy.

image.jpg3.jpg

I'll also be installing two way radios, in the house and the RTV and I'll have a hand held for when I go out on the other orange... (a BX24).

Engine pics.

image.jpg5.jpg

image.jpg6.jpg

Again, thanks to everyone here for the help. All I brought home this evening was the owners manual, so I'm off to read that now.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on your purchase. I am sure you will enjoy it. Use caution, buying or making accessories can be addictive .

Nevadablue

Thanks for the warning. I've already started planning...
For those of you who make your own accessories, ask your dealer for the 'crates' that equipment is shipped in. The new ones are made from new square tubing. I think it is 1.25" stuff. That will make my bed rack and planned lumber/ladder rack. My dealer is giving me all the crate and other steel that I want from his dumpster.

I also ordered the rear protective screen for the back window. My first project will be bed rails like peanut makes. I haven't had a good welding project for a long time.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on your new machine!!! A lot more advanced than my 2004.

We're really good at spending OPM (other people's money) so keep posting pics and we'll help you accessorize. :)

ovrszd

I see a LOT of improvements in design compared to my '08.

Looks they attempted to minize debris buildup on the engine. But still haven't solved the source problem.

Very nice machine. Great pics.

I would have never thought to request the shipping crate. Excellent idea!!!

Congrats on a great machine!!!

Rogerwh0

I like the air filter under the hood! I have been trying to figure out how to route mine up there without the intake tube hanging below the skid plates.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
nice machine and the boss looks real happy do you think she will let you drive it ?lol

Nevadablue

I have an excuse for driving... I get motion sick if I don't drive.

Here is a 'crate'. If your dealer is cooperative, it is good building material.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 293

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the warning. I've already started planning...
For those of you who make your own accessories, ask your dealer for the 'crates' that equipment is shipped in. The new ones are made from new square tubing. I think it is 1.25" stuff. That will make my bed rack and planned lumber/ladder rack. My dealer is giving me all the crate and other steel that I want from his dumpster.

I also ordered the rear protective screen for the back window. My first project will be bed rails like peanut makes. I haven't had a good welding project for a long time.

Check with peanut on a headache rack. I was ordering some rails from him and the headache option was about the same price as rear screen from kubota.

Nevadablue

:thewave:

The dealer I bought this from is about 150 miles from me. So today my son who lives there (and used to be a mechanic for the dealer) picked up the rig and took it to his house and installed all the accessories. Meanwhile I went the other direction and got new tires on my trailer at the town that is only 60 miles from me. sigh... I hope to go get the rig (has been dubbed the 'Great Punkin') on Sunday. The weather forecast says Sunday should be decent weather. Otherwise, snow is coming again and the passes will be nasty.
Oh, my son said it will go 26 MPH on pavement. Hooah!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One more day!!!

How cold does it get where you are in NV? Is a block heater for engine and maybe tranny justified?

Nevadablue

YES!

It gets cold. Maybe as low as -20, but normally not below zero. The last few days have been in the teens at night and 30 to 50 during the day. I've had my BX24 for 10 years or so and have only used the heater a couple of times. I bought a block heater and never got it installed. Instead I use magnetic heaters. That actually worked well.
I'll see what this machine is like. I have two of the magnetic heaters, maybe it will get one of those.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think my RTV was supposed to be a "Southern" model. It doesn't care for the cold and tries to give me a hard time starting in freezing temps. I did install heaters which helped immensely but now I keep my RTV in the shop which doesn't go below freezing so it's not an issue anymore.

Nevadablue

The 'Great Pumpkin' has landed...

It was a long but beautiful day. The Punkin and I made it home safely. Just in time it seems. We drove it around for a while and now the sky is overcast. Snow storm headed for us tonight.

This is the Punkin on the trailer behind my old Tundra at my Son's house. Beautiful day... but the last 30 miles (all dirt and gravel) were tiring. I wish the trailer was a double axle rig, but it handled the load fine. Just have to be careful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 201

tlk

I bought same model in camo - cab is off the charts nice - only issue is speed and mud - otherwise I love it

cchaffee

Congratulations! She's a nice looking unit. Definitely improved since my 2005.
You will find out.... "how did I live without this before?"
Enjoy

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for posting the great pictures . :) :) It looks like Christmas came early! Congratulations on having her home ! collie