RTVx-1100c Orange silicone heat protector

gimbal

Hi all,
Can anyone point me to where I can find the orange heat shield that lives on top of the engine? Looking on Messicks, but cannot find. It was lost during a visit to the shop recently, and just left off. Want to replace. I cannot figure out what to call it or which parts diagram it is on. Thanks!

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
That came as a result of a recall. My x1100c was sold without one but kubota Installed one as a recall campaign. Check with the dealer or contact ktc direct.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I've been through the Service Manual (WSM) and there is no mention of this that I can fine, but the Owner's Manual mentions it on page 90 (my copy anyway) as something to check, but it does not mention a part number. It does say call your Kubota dealer for ordering. In the Owner's Manual it is called "Rubber Cover". I think its purpose is to prevent "stuff" from falling down between the cargo box and cab and then onto the exhaust manifold, etc. causing a fire.

Last edited:

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
A picture would be helpful.
Here are pictures of the "rubber cover" on my 2022 X1100C and the additional shield I installed to help keep debris from falling between the dump body and the cab - especially when loading from the bucket of my tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 11