RTV X1140 Alignment Issue

Hunter11

So I was installing the 2" lift kit I bought from my Kubota dealer last week and happen to notice the front passenger tire was wearing on the outside. After checking it out I noticed the tire/wheel was tilted in at the bottom when looking at it from the front. Now this was prior to installing the lift. I know there is no adjustments for camber/caster and I did not check the toe at the time. I went ahead and installed the lift and called the dealer about the issue and took it to them Tuesday.

So I get a call yesterday and they tell me they have no idea why the wheel is tilted in. They checked all the suspension parts and found nothing bent our out of spec. They checked the toe and it is within Kubota's spec. They tell me the only two things that would cause the tire to wear or cup would be driving on paved roads or concrete or the lift kit. I could not stop them fast enough to tell them the machine has not been on a paved road more than 10 miles in the two years we have owned it and the lift had been on it less than a week and was bought from them. We ride around the property at maybe 8 mph at most and it is sandy soil for the most part. Part guys told me the lift was approved by Kubota and would not cause the issue. I picked it up yesterday and thought I would see if I could get any ideas here.

One other thing I will add and I don't think it would cause this is they replaced the hub seal on that wheel in Feb. under warranty. I added a pic of the front and it may be hard to tell it is tilted in but it is about 1/4" to 1/2" when I hold a level up to it. The orange on the tires is from the dealer checking the toe. I have got to figure it out or it will continue to eat up the front tire. I have already rotated front to back on that side.

Attachments

• 20220910_140157.jpg
    20220910_140157.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 15

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
check the spring adjustment collar to make sure it is set exactly like the other side. make sure both sides have the same strut assy? they make a heavy one for front attachments. could be one side is set different

Hunter11

All shock collars are set to the second notch off the lowest setting. I had to lower them one notch once the lift was installed to soften up the ride.