RTV-X1120 Rollover

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I saw these today on TractorByNet. Two very disturbing images. The poster did not explain how it happened but I do not believe there were injuries. The driver was thrown free. I hope they were OK.

If you look closely, you will notice the tires are those run flat kind. I can't imagine them having the capacity to support an RTV, even an unloaded one.

Also, the ROPS on the passenger side looks snapped or cut. I am not sure which. The ROPS on mine looks like it could roll down a hill and not collapse. Maybe it was cut or drilled for some accessory.

For me, it is a reminder to make sure your tires have the capacity to support your vehicle plus more than the rating cargo capacity. And also, never drill or cut the ROPS.

Attachments

• k1 copy.jpeg.jpg
    k1 copy.jpeg.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 44
  • k4 copy.jpeg.jpg
    k4 copy.jpeg.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 44

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Folks may argue… but ANT change from OEM probably violates original design and places the onus upon the person who executes tne modifications. Plain/Simple/Fact: If you perform an alteration…. the responsibility is YOURS.

Run-flat tires, ghetto wheels, ROPs alterations, Tire size or Load rating changes….is on YOU.

ItBmine

I saw that on TBN. I call BS on that it simply rolled down a gradual slope at under 5 MPH.

You don't break the ROPS AND THE FRAME with a simple rollover, LOL

And of coarse you get the ones that gotta add their two cents...."glad I got a Kioti and not a Kubota"

Well got news for you......barrel roll your Kioti or any brand down a cliff and see how it fares. LOL