RTV X1100C Mirrors

garry

Has anyone found an inexpensive solution to mirrors for the RTV X1100C. I would like to not spend $100 plus dollars for a pair of what looks like a $10 dollar mirror.
Keep in mind the cal models have no round tubes to mount to.

Smilingreen

I got the factory ones, which really leave a lot to be desired. They are up too high and the mirror can't tilt high enough to get a good view. I did find a set of these online. https://www.helibars.com/kubota/ Looks like exactly what I am looking for. Here is a video of them from the maker.

Reactions: Doc

Smilingreen

I got the factory ones, which really leave a lot to be desired. They are up too high and the mirror can't tilt high enough to get a good view. I did find a set of these online. https://www.helibars.com/kubota/ Looks like exactly what I am looking for. Here is a video of them from the maker.

I just ordered a pair of these extenders. Once they come in and I get them mounted, I will let you all know what I think of them.

ItBmine

If you already had the factory mirrors smilingreen...I have pics in another mirror thread here.........my son broke the glass in one plowing so I bought a set of 8 inch Grote convex mirrors and they screw right on to the factory arms. Bigger mirrors and better vision and as a bonus they lower the passenger side enough you can actually see it.

Smilingreen

I am going to try my factory mirrors with those extenders. It seems like Kubota sourced nice mirrors, but didn't think through the process of mirror adjustment after putting that angled bracket on. The ball and socket is bottoming out on the swivel before you can get the proper angle on the mirror to see correctly.

Smilingreen

The mirror extender brackets came in today. Pleasantly surprised. They are a a lot beefier than I thought they would be. If the mirrors get bumped after these brackets are installed, something else is gonna have to give, it sure won't be these brackets. I am going to install them this weekend. I'll post before and after pictures, after I get them installed.IMG_9578.jpg

Smilingreen

Ok, I got the adapters installed tonight. What a major difference in being able to see and adjust the mirrors.

This is a view of what you could see on the passenger side. Partial top was totally blocked and you couldn't get it adjusted to be able to see more of what was behind you. A lot of the cab frame was blocking the view.
IMG_9580.JPG

This was best view you could get out of the drivers side. Just not acceptable.
IMG_9581.JPG

This is why you couldn't adjust the mirror up any more. The factory option tubing was at an angle. If they had made ir flare horizontal right at the end, you could have adjusted the mirror a lot more up, down left and right. As you can see, the swivel socket on the top was maxed out, so you couldn't get the mirror tilted up anymore. Even if you could, as high as the mirror was sitting, the roof would have blocked half the view.
IMG_9584.JPG

Here it is with the factory mirror removed, looking at the threaded hole at the end of the bracket tubing.
IMG_9586.JPG

Here is the mirror with the new HeliMod bracket and the metric screw that came with it. Easy assembly. Just screw the mirror into the threaded holes and then tighten the jamb nut until it is good and firm.
IMG_9587.JPG

Here the factory mirror is re-installed on the bracket tubing. Notice the angle of the Helimod bracket is straight up and down now. Also, the bracket lowers the whole mirror about 4 inches. The ball socket is now sitting centered, giving you full capability to now adjust the mirror up, down, left and right.
IMG_9588.JPG

Now look at your view from the drivers seat. You can now turn the mirror horizontal if you want a wider view instead of a taller view.
IMG_9590.JPG

Wide angle view.
IMG_9591.JPG

Here the RTV X1100C sits with the Helimod brackets installed. You couldn't ask for a better rear view in your mirrors. The factory mirrors and bracket are a good quality product, they just didn't prototype it and try it out before they rushed it to market. If they had, they would have found sub-standard mirror view and would have done something else with the mounting bracket to make it work the way it should of.
The adapters are made of solid 3/4" CNC billet aluminum and then heavily powdered coated to prevent corrosion. I'll post a link if anyone is interested.

IMG_9595.JPG