RTV- X1100 Performance Mods

Stroke_this

Has anyone come up with any ways to free up any additional power on these units yet? and/or reliability mods that they may suggest?

I just got my wheels and tires put on stayed at 26" on the tire size mayb should have went to 27" but im happy. I also installed a alpine head unit. I read in one of the threads someone was thinking of removing the headliner around the speakers and placing a speaker grill around it. Anyone have any comments on this? Next time im home I think I will be putting a 40" light bar on the front and a 20" in the rear. I have to measure again but it looks like these bars will catch a mounting bolt on each side. is anyone able to verify?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My RTV is 10-years-old so I can't help much with the new ones.

The one thing I can offer is to watch where you mount your lights if you have a standard garage door height. My roof "just" clears on my one garage. Everything that sticks out above that gets sheared off if I try to pull in. Not a problem since I always park it in a garage with a taller door.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Has anyone come up with any ways to free up any additional power on these units yet?

I just got my wheels and tires put on stayed at 26" on the tire size mayb should have went to 27" QUOTE]

Nope, you don't want to go 27", You wanting to free up power. You put 27" tires on your machine you will cut it's throat for sure......

........ two guns

Attachments

• Drunks with Guns.jpg
    Drunks with Guns.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 279

ovrszd

There is several discussions on here about powertrain modifications that might help you. Latest has been about turbos. Some very good reading in those.

I like your tires. I'm needing to do that. I hate my ADSW tires or whatever they are called. Only thing they do well is carry a load. Worthless in mud or even slick grass.

I'm considering 27"s. Not sure yet what I'll do.

I like your SD!!!! I don't want one like that, but I NEED one.

Stroke_this

Since I've posted this I've done some tinkering. I've gutted the exhaust tailpipe section, changed the oil to a 5w-40 full synthetic, changed the hydrolic oil to the high end Kubota, adjusted the timing a bit , and turned the pressures up, also put a real hand thrill n that will hold the desired rpm instead of the cheap one it comes with.

Stroke_this

There is several discussions on here about powertrain modifications that might help you. Latest has been about turbos. Some very good reading in those.

I like your tires. I'm needing to do that. I hate my ADSW tires or whatever they are called. Only thing they do well is carry a load. Worthless in mud or even slick grass.

I'm considering 27"s. Not sure yet what I'll do.

I like your SD!!!! I don't want one like that, but I NEED one.

It's one bad SD. It got just a smidge of work done to it. It will push some snow that's for sure.

628pm

Site Supporter
I like your lights, where did you get them from? Part number if you have it.

Thanks