RTV ~~ What weapon do you carry in your RTV ?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hunting , Scouting , or Just Riding around, what type / caliber of weapon do you carry in your RTV ? </P>

How do you secure it in the unit ?</P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~ </FONT></FONT></P>

rapracing

I haven't carried anything yet but I am definately interested in how others are securing them. I have been thinking and considering that.</P>

Well.......?</P>

JohnR

One of the reasons I bought my 1100 was to transport guns to the parts of my farm that are still remote. When I was younger I use to have 100,200 & 300 yd ranges set up fairly close to the house. Things have changed such that now this is not such a good idea. I loved shooting,reloading and hunting but started to due it less and less primarily due to the inconvenience of carrying guns and supplies to my new location The RTV now makes the entire farm convenient. The machine has had a very positive effect on my life.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yes JohnR I will certainly agree with you on the positive effect of the RTV. Life is grand with a ride like this.I just carry a machete. .. It's really sharp so I bolted a husky chain saw blade guard on the upright below the seat facing the pedal. This is the machete holder. I keep it at an angle so I can grab it while driving.It's better than nothing but not by much as I rather not get that close to what ever is bugging me.I sometimes carry a mini mag in my pocket. I will keep the rifles in the house.. Unless they are in a case there is just too much dust around here to carry a good firearm on the RTV or anything elsefor that matter.Bordercollie[&][&]

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Found that the Big Sky Overhead Racks serve the purpose well. Mrs. Two Guns and myself, carried two heavy barreled sniper rifles all hunting season up there. And they are secured as heck, out of the way. Easy accessable.... Also, just installed a Mad Dog Gun Scabard behind us, where the head-rest goes. It serves as a superior head rest, carries many things in the pouches, ouit of the way, and can carry a third hog rifle in it's place. It was also a big plus for the third weapon, and a extra carry capacity for extra clips, ammo, and slicker suits etc .....</P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=6>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~ </FONT></P>

mmolnar

Don't have our 1100 yet, but it should be at the dealers within about one week (can't wait). However, our property is infested with woodchucks and I have to "thin the herd" occasionally.

For that job I'll probably use the 1100 for "stealth mode operations" and my Savage 17 HMR. It's a sweet tool for this job and attracts less attention than the Ruger 77V in 22-250. For "close to the building stuff" I use my Beeman adult air rifle.

rzoommer

I carry a Marlin 35 that I shortened the barrel by 6 in. in a set of truck gun racks that I mounted to the back screen behind my head ---bdk</P>

</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
mmolnar,</P>

Happy to hear someone else spits with a 22-250 >>> I am the proud owner of several of these rifles, started back in 1973 >>> Mister, I love that caliber !!!!!</P>

Thanks for your reply !!!</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~ </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The 35 is nice weapon... I have a Model #8 Remington in a 35 , very old rifle, but shoots like a dream !!!

rzoommer

by cutting 6 in. off the barrel it makes like a saddle rifle --- short and easy to handle --- if I need more power then I can always buckle on my S&W 460 revolver (hA!)

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Have to tell you this while we are on the subject of rifles. Gotta brag on this, I am tickled as apig !</P>

Last week, meet a man who's father purcased two rifles back in 1959. His father was planning on makingthem a hunt up in Alaska. We'll don't know what happend to their trip. ( Funny thing is, HE DON'T HUNT, his father wassuppose to be sorta of a hunter , but this man, till this day, has never hunted,hesaid this was one of his fathers quick ideas ) But they never made it. Anyway, we were talking. And he mentioned these rifles that were never shot, and he still had them. I said I'd like to see them. So we took me to the place in his home, where he had them so called in a hiding place. And my God, out he came with two, brand new, still in the original boxes. Winchester Model 70, pre '64 rifles. One was a .300 Winchester Magnum, the other, a .338 Winchester Magnum. Him knowing I was big into hunting, ask would I be interested in purchasing these from him. For he had NO use for them what so ever ~~ . I said YESSIR !!! " Tell me what you want for them ". His answer. >>>>>>>>>> just give me $500.00, >>>> I like to have passed out .... I'm still cannot believe it. And to top it off, he had three box's of cartridges for each, still in the original Winchester boxs.....</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~ </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

</P>

GOD IS GOOD </P>

rzoommer

some people are always in the right place at the right time</P>

</P>

also --- when you are built like I am just tie a rope around you neck and the holster will stay where you want it (ha)</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The rope & neck thing, don't say nothing like that again ~~~~ I just spit coke all over my keyboard. I cannot stop laughing.... I'm in the same condition as you !!!!! </P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~ </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Thanks rzooommer,</P>

That touches me !!! </P>

mmolnar

Two brand new pre '64s? You're right - GOD IS GOOD! Good for you. Great calibers, too.

I have a Sako Finnbear in .300 Win mag. My dad bought it new in 1976 for $300 and gave it to me. Love that rifle.

Matt

G

I carry my Airgun Designs Automag with Intelliframe and Z-body. Its.68 Cal.It fires a cool 18 shots per second. <FONT size=1>(this is a paintball gun)</FONT>