RtV 900 won't move, metal in hyd. oil filter

Earl

New to group and new at working on Kubota. Got a RTV900 sent to us with supposedly bad rear end, won't move. Found shift fork out of place and fixed, still won't move? Drained hyd./transmission fluid. very little metal paste on magnetic drain plug. HST filter looked ok but the hyd. oil filter (suction side) was FULL of metal shavings! Is the transmission toast or should I look somewhere else? Main hyd. pump? I am going to put a new filter on it and try it ? Looks like a
"parts Kubota" to me? Boss will not spend money for new pump or transmission. Thanks.

Iron mike

I had a very similar situation with my x1120, metal shavings on the drain plug both filters clogged, wont move either direction. Since I didn't have time to fix my self I sent it to the dealer, well $9K later I wished I had just parted it out. At this point I'm hoping for an insurable fire ? :oops:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
could be the metal is confined to just the hydraulic system and not the hst. check the unloader valve on the rear of the transmission on the brake cable to make sure it isn't stuck