RTV 900 WITH CAB ~~~ HELP

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Somewhere on this forum, I seen a RTV 900 with a metal cab..... Cannot find the owner or the thread ~~~~~~`</P>

Reason I'm asking, good friend is asking a bunch of question I cannot answer, for I don't own a cab.</P>

1 -is, who makes them, 2-will they work with the Kubota " kick-out " glass windshield 3- does the cab come with a windshield, back glass, doors, and metal top ......4- How easy is it to remove / install the doors, for he doesn't want the doors on them all the time 5- cost, he is comparing the cost of the cab kit, ( if it comes with all the cab needs ) or will he come out better just getting the front , back glass, and top..... he's hitting me some questioins ????</P>

Any & all help would be appreciated much !!!! Thanks,</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~ </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

ddttweeks

Two Guns I had a kubota cab on my 05 rtv 900. It was made by curtis cabs. It fit with the factory flip out windshield and metal roof.The backwindow was plexis glass and removable. The bad thing was the back screen was on the inside of the window. The doorshad lift off hinges for easy removal. All in all it was a pretty nice set up.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Thank You for the information >>>> I'll pass it on !!!</P>

<FONT size=5> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~</FONT> </FONT></P>

ez chair

That's right Curtis Cab and Snowplow Worcester, Mass. Great people! I have toured the plant. They have a website.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Made contact with my dealer today, and done much flip-flopping on prices , comparing everything to a tee >>>> the gentleman really wanted a RTV 900, but by the time he installed the cab on a 900, he would come out so far ahead, just getting the 1100 series unit. And as we all know, then he'll have air / heat , and some of the other premium qualities of a RTV 1100 >>>>>>> </P>

<FONT face=Arial size=5></FONT><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></P>

[quote user="TWO GUNS"]

Made contact with my dealer today, and done much flip-flopping on prices , comparing everything to a tee >>>> the gentleman really wanted a RTV 900, but by the time he installed the cab on a 900, he would come out so far ahead, just getting the 1100 series unit. And as we all know, then he'll have air / heat , and some of the other premium qualities of a RTV 1100 >>>>>>> </P>

<FONT face=Arial size=5></FONT><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></P>

[/quote]</P>

Absolutely... if you are buying both an RTV and a cab, just get the 1100. Its yards ahead simply because of the A/C. It also moves the battery inboard so it is out of the weather, and puts the electrical "power distribution" inside the cab. Other nifty things you get are installed speakers and a place for the head unit of what ever sound equipment you choose. It also gets teh radiator out from under the seat.... much cooler riding.</P>

ddttweeks

Two Guns I owned both the 900 and 1100 Rtv's. If i was looking at a new machine to buy and wanted a cab I would purchase the 1100. There is a lot of difference in the amount of cab noise in the 1100. The heat in the 1100 is way better and the a/c is really great on those hot dusty days. The one downfall is there is no sliding windows on the doors. I kind of miss my them at times.

KitC

Two Guns,
I posted pictures of my 900 with the cab a week or so ago. The one with the rack on the bed.

If I had it to do again, it would be a 1100. At the time mine was purchased, I felt no roof, glass, or heat would be great. Man, was I wrong. Since that time it's had the full cab, heater, both windshield wipers, and a few other things added. Dollar wise, it's about equal to the 1100.

It was just easier at that time to spend a little over 10k, rather than think of just how much 15-16k was.

Maybe come spring, an upgrade trade will be in order. My dealer is used to my strange ways :)

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Thanks KitC,</P>

I appreciate the reply, and want to thank all for their replies also..... I discussed it with my friend, and yes, he's going to go with the 1100 series Kubota. He was at first wanting the 900, but after throwing numbers around, and listening to folks that's been there, he going to get the big boy !!! His plans are to see the dealer Monday morning >>>></P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=5> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=5>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

</P>

</P>

Kubota Tech,,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">I have an 1100 and I can't find the installed speakers.........Where are they located.......I hope they don't bite me, but I can't seem to locate them.....</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil...........</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<FONT color=#ff0000 size=5>There is a pair of factory speakers (4")already installed in the headliner</FONT> ~~~~~

<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Two Guns,,,,,,,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">No wonder I couldn't find them.........They were hidden and I haven't taken out the headliner as of yet.........THANKS Gunny.........You always come through............</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil.........</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Go to this :</P>

http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PostID=12934#12934</P>

</P>

You will not have to cut into the OEM HARNESS with this >>>>>>></P>

[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]

Kubota Tech,,</P>
<P style="styleDocument: [object]">I have an 1100 and I can't find the installed speakers.........Where are they located.......I hope they don't bite me, but I can't seem to locate them.....</P>
<P style="styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil...........</P>

[/quote]</P>

They are in the top front corners of the roof panel. They are prewired. If you have a stereo unit for the dash, the correct wiring adaptor will get you sound in mere minutes.</P>

</P>

KT,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Thank you for the info........Thanks for being so honest......</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil....</P>

pappy19

Personally, I have looked at the 1100 and I like my 900 much better. I have the Curtis cab and the doors swing back alot nicer than the 1100. The only thing the 1100 has that some might want is the AC, but other than that the Curtis cab and the lighter weight of the 900 is better for me.