RTV 900 Sprayer

oliver1755

I know you have probably threaded this one before. I need a sprayer to go into the back of the 900. We grain farm and I would want a hand wand for fence rows and a boom to spot spray in corn and soybean fields also. Can use to spray yards also. Thinking maybe 40 gallons. You could do a lot of spraying in a day with that size. I dont think i want a separate engine but run off 900's 12 volt system. I don't mind paying for quality if it is quality. What are good sprayers what work well with the 900? Nice boom and wand? 2010 RTV 900 just rolled 800 hours. No trouble. Use it everyday!

Art454

I run a 40 gallon tow behind on my bx2350 off the battery with no problem.
I bought it at tractor supply and only use the wand which is great.
It will spray about 15 feet with no problem from the wand maybe a little more.
Been thinking about putting it in my 1100 and open the side window and spray from there in air cond......lol
They leak some so I think I'll just use the tractor and let it leak on the ground.....be a mess to clean up in the dump box of the 1100.
I had to extend the wires but all you have to do is splice into it to make it longer is all.

It may be a 50 or 60 gallon even...have not gotton it out yet this year been so windy.

Art

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Member Bordercollie does a lot of spraying using her RTV. Several others do as well. I just ride along with my hand pump one on the floor and spray my fenceline.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Muleman. I do spray a lot using the RTV . I favor the 60 gallon tow behind for what I used to do as far as boom spraying and the handy wand. plus you can cut loose and go do something else. I just listed it in the market bulletin as being for sale.(400) I started out with a 12 v pump on it as new but it just wouldn't put out enough power with the boomless boom. (It has a 24 ft reach) Now I have a gas pump and motor on it and the output is better and stronger. Originally, it was close to $ 1000 . The 12 v is a lot quieter too but just not powerful enough for the boom. I added a larger filter to save a lot of grief on the nozzles and it has been a tremendous help. I added this turn on and off switch for when I need to pass trees etc. Also The 3 boomless nozzles can be turned off and off independently. for like doing road sides. bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF1170.jpg
    DSCF1170.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCF1117.jpg
    DSCF1117.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCF2095.jpg
    DSCF2095.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF2392.JPG
    DSCF2392.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

vintovka

I use a 16 gallon cheapy spot sprayer (northern $76) and made a boom sprayer out of a 4' piece of 1" conduit. Its welded to a piece of 2x2 hitch and pins in my rear bumper/receiver set up. I took the pump down to the farm store and they helped me size the nozzles properly. 2 nozzles, some 5/8" plastic hose, some NON CHINESE hose clamps i was in business for way less than $20. Added two valves later to switch back and forth to the wand and carry the tank in the bed over the roughest terrain. Pump switch is in the cab for easy spraying.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
i have 60 gallon sma pump i got from my kubatoa dealer. it came mounted on a frame that fits great in the bed of a rtv. it has the boom nozzles on it that looks just like B C's, and a hand wand. also has an agitator in the tank that can be turned on or off. i changed the alligator clip set up to a hard wired to the rtv's system with switch on dash and quick disconnect on the pump. i have had this unit for 3 years or so and have been completely satisfied

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
We run one like bordercollie's. The selection shut-off is the thing.
Use all or one.
We use the Fimco brand. Good quality sprayers. Great warranty, and have had nothing but super service. YOu can buy extra or different nozzles just about at any co-op or farm supply.

The smaller Fimcos are also good sprayers. The "on-demand" pumps work
wonders .

Secret to these sprayers is to keep 'em clean. The bigger filter like bordercollie is a real BIG PLUS.

If we spray with a heavy herbicide, in the area of 24-D and later want to spray with something
else like some sort of fertilizer , OR some "selective" herbicide,
We clean really good with ammonia and flush really good. Then nuturalize it
with a few gallons of vinagar after we flush the ammonia out with much water.
But don't mix vinagar & ammonia in the same batch. Not good >>>>

........... two guns

Attachments

• Porky_31.jpg
    Porky_31.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 168

Kubota4me

Sprayer_John_Deere_Gator.jpg

http://www.riverbendind.com/atv.htm

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That would be a very nice investment !!!!!

I would have to sell Ms. Two Guns teeth to get something that nice ....... :whistling:

.............. two guns

Attachments

• Ms Two Guns Teeth.jpg
    Ms Two Guns Teeth.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 95

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
I plan to build a walking beam trailer using high floatation tires, then mount my 150 gallon tank and 20 ft boom on the trailer. This will allow me to use the RTV that sips on diesel versus the 95 hp John Deere 6410 tractor that is rather fond of diesel. The real reason is that I have about 20 acres that remains wet in the spring that prevents spraying with the tractor. It'd be tough to get that JD 6410 out of the mud, much easier to retrieve the RTV.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I plan to build a walking beam trailer using high floatation tires, QUOTE]

........... and that would work out great. For we put four to six barrels full of corn, run it threw the swamps to the deer feeders in the winter time.
And have run a few times with a little more....

The RTV has no trouble with that trailer loaded...... each barrel, full weight of corn is a 300-350 lbs. per.

.......... two guns

Attachments

• Corn 1.jpg
    Corn 1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 96