RTV 1100 - Selling Advice

quid_non

Working with a friend who recently lost a family member. They have a 2011 RTV1100 with ~900 hours on it. They are the second owner and took good care of the unit. As far as I can tell, everything works fine - cold AC, good heat, hydraulic dump bed, has new grim reaper tires. and WARN winch. No obvious rust on body or floor boards. Starts and runs great. After doing some "net searches" we were thinking about listing it at $12K. Would appreciate any feedback as to pricing or other thing to consider.
Thanks!!

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Working with a friend who recently lost a family member. They have a 2011 RTV1100 with ~900 hours on it. They are the second owner and took good care of the unit. As far as I can tell, everything works fine - cold AC, good heat, hydraulic dump bed, has new grim reaper tires. and WARN winch. No obvious rust on body or floor boards. Starts and runs great. After doing some "net searches" we were thinking about listing it at $12K. Would appreciate any feedback as to pricing or other thing to consider.
Thanks!!
That sounds like a really good price. Perhaps a bit more to start. I sold my 2014 with 11,000 miles and 1,700 hours for $12,500 20 minutes after posting on Craig's List. Good luck.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If this one averaged 6.4 mph like the one you sold BiffNH then it would have 5800 miles on it.
To me 12k seems like a good starting point, and depending on how fast you want to sell, you could hold out for the 12 or maybe take 11. All this depends on your location. Some locations these babies are like gold. Whatever you do start high vs low. Much easier to lower the price than to raise it once advertised.

quid_non

Thanks all for the prompt and helpful replies - - - unit is located in Southwest VA - close to Blacksburg.
Doc - agree with your comment - - no real hurry to sell, but I'd like this person to get as much as possible - I'm not taking any fee just helping out a friend that is not familiar with the value or popularity of these great units. If I did not already have my RTV900 I'd but it for sure!
Thanks!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You might want to consider upgrading to the full cab 1100. I had the 900 and thought I did not need a cab. I'm in SE Ohio. Our weather gets cold, much like VA but not to bad. Ended up selling my 900 and thought I could get by with a Honda Pioneer. It is nice, and I still have it but a good buy, much like the one you are posting came up and I made an offer and now own a full cab, hydraulic dump RTV 1100. Love it. It is quite the upgrade from the RTV 900. Good luck to your friend. I think you are steering in in the right direction.