Radio recommendation for RTV1100

Smilingreen

I suspect he meant blue tooth. I can't recommend one, because I didn't order mine with a radio. I am 60% deaf and my days of thumping radios that are louder than the 1100 is inside the cab are long over.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have an enclosed cab but I've always used marine radios. They're made to take more abuse (pounding/bouncing, water and elements) compared to an automotive radio. It's been almost 15 years since I last bought one but Boss brand was a lot of bang for your buck.

ItBmine

You'll probably want to upgrade speakers too. My dealer put a pretty good stereo receiver in mine, but to me you have to turn it up so much to hear it, the speakers get "tinny" sounding.

tfdr1

You'll probably want to upgrade speakers too. My dealer put a pretty good stereo receiver in mine, but to me you have to turn it up so much to hear it, the speakers get "tinny" sounding.

The biggest problem is they are only 4" and there's really no 4" that will give you good sound.

On one of the RTV Facebook groups someone pulled the roof off and used plywood on each side and put 6½" speakers in. I'll try digging up the photos. That's the route I'm going to take with mine when I have the time.

Dave

tfdr1

Here's the pictures of his install. It's in the Facebook group "Kubota RTV's" if anyone wants to check it out.

Dave

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240823_081254_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240823_081254_Gallery.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240823_081239_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240823_081239_Gallery.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20240823_081224_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240823_081224_Gallery.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 16

ItBmine

Oh okay. So it's not as easy as going to a better quality 4 inch. I don't want to start pulling stuff apart. I rarely turn the stereo on anyway.
But thanks for that info!

You see lots of these cool modifications that I would like, problem is I have ZERO patience to do any of them, LOL

ItBmine

OKay, I was never a "stereo guy" so I wasn't sure if it was just cheap speakers Kubota uses or their small size.

Here is the Bluetooth amplifier and controller I used in my 2023 RTV X1140. I really like it and I used it to control 4 speakers and 2 active (have their own built in amps) subwoofers. Connects to my phone automatically anytime I turn the key on. Really easy to install as it is very small and all the components of the amp, wiring harnesses, and controller are 100% waterproof to IPX7. I reloacted the key switch and installed the controller where the key switch used to be. I will attach what pics I have of this system. The amp itself I installed under the hood behind the air filter.

These are the 4 speakers I am running.

These are the 2 subwoofers I am running. They can also be controlled from the controller on the dash:

These are the speaker enclosures I used for the 4 6.5" speakers:

Attachments

• roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 9
  • roof 2.jpg
    roof 2.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 10
  • controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 10

Smilingreen

If you really want amazing sound out of a small package, just buy a Marshall "Middleton" bluetooth speaker. It is bluetooth capable, has unbelievable bass and highs out of a 9" x 4" x 4" speaker. I use it inside of my RTV, on the boat, in the office, inside the shop, on the hot tub deck and at home.
c616c7f2-a16c-47d5-b5cd-2e681704a3e9.jpeg

a3dfe5ca-50c3-4702-9ba1-6dbccf27e34f.jpeg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll pile on about the Marshall being great speakers. I have the Emberton which is a step down from the Middleton and it does great.
The JBL offerings are really good as well.