Puddle of hyd oil rtvx1100

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Large puddle of hyd oil under the rtv. It is losing it from the reservoir under the seat.
It is under warranty so I let the dealer pick it up this morning. Will let you know how that goes. Sure do miss the buggie already!! Gets used daily.IMG_0227.jpg

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Thunderdome, hope you get that buggy fixed soon and back to work.
Keifer

T

Toolman77

I had that about 6 months after I got mine, I took the skid plates off and found that it was just a loose hose clamp, I tighten it up and good to go. Hopefully that is what it is and nothing serious.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I am so glad it is under warranty- just in case- Looking forward to hearing it is just a loose or bad hose though. collie

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
The dealer brought the buggie back today. They said it was a rubber hose that was bad. They also did the recall notice thing which consist of a piece of rubber to keep debris from falling down on engine and catching fire. Glad it wasn't much so got the machine back. Last few days I have felt like one of my legs was missing without the use of rtv.:tiphat:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the quick update Thunderdome. I am so happy to hear that it was easily solved. :) collie

sunnyside

I had that about 6 months after I got mine, I took the skid plates off and found that it was just a loose hose clamp, I tighten it up and good to go. Hopefully that is what it is and nothing serious.
Dito here! Except I let the dealer fix it when I had it in for service. Was just a loose clamp on hose connection at reservoir tank under passenger seat.

T

Toolman77

I said something about this to my dealer when they came out the other day to put on the the new rubber shield to keep stuff from falling on the exhaust manifold, he said the check and tighten the hose clamps when they get new units ready because it seems to be a common problem.

ovrszd

So much for Kubota Corp. quality control eh.

I'd rather say their torque specifications are just on the low side. Probably not leaking when tested at the factory.

I would agree that if enough dealers raised this issue to Corp., they might change that spec.

I wonder, for those reporting that dealer repair here, how many of the dealers filed a warranty claim and how many just fixed it as a customer service?