Plow Lights

rapracing

Well I found out tonight that the RTV lights are worthless when there is a v plow on the front. Not plowing just had to run to a storage building accross the road. You can't see a thing except the back of the plow and it reflects into the cab. I'm going to have to install something so I can see if I have the plow on the machine.

I think the x-1100c is prewired?

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I have the same problem. On order are a pair of LED's:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MP08TOC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

that I will mount on the bottom side of my metal canopy. I already mounted one in the middle of the back under the canopy for backing up and light for the dump body. Switches on the dash. I will post pictures when I get them installed. The pair of lights cost $24, switch $12 and some wire. Easy solution that should work well. The attached picture is one of these lights that I mounted in the rear. They are flood (60 degree angle) lamps.

Attachments

• 2014-12-14 14.03.56.jpg
    2014-12-14 14.03.56.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 153

travisd

I quickly figured out the same thing! I mounted a 20" LED light bar (~$65) to the metal roof of my -X900 using the existing holes, and a bracket I made up. Ended up also adding a pair of 18w low-profile LED's (from Amazon this time) to the rear, mounted to existing holes in the frame of the rear screen.

Wild Bill

I quickly figured out the same thing! I mounted a 20" LED light bar (~$65) to the metal roof of my -X900 using the existing holes, and a bracket I made up. Ended up also adding a pair of 18w low-profile LED's (from Amazon this time) to the rear, mounted to existing holes in the frame of the rear screen.

That is the exact same setup I went with. Amazing results! I had 2 55w halogen worklights on the front and one on the back prior to this. No comparison...
Link to light thread

travisd

Front lights:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rear:

attachment.php

Attachments

• x900 lights rear.jpg
    x900 lights rear.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 89
  • x900 light front off.jpg
    x900 light front off.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 88
  • x900 light front on.jpg
    x900 light front on.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 88

Mark.Sibole

They look nice and i know are low wattage but how well do they shine out or let me ask how really effective are they distance wise? Im just curious is all.Ive seen many posts on these but have never seen how effective they are.I have these mounted on mine from Tractor supply. 1 mounted on rear for backup light and rear work light

and 2 on the front for extended viewMounted on lower roof lip.They shine out more like spot lights and i like they way they light everything up way out far.
and 1 mounted on each side of the rops for alley or side lights.
Thay do pull some wattage but i like the way they work and would be open to leds if they did the job.

travisd

The 18W LED's that I used are 1360 Lumens each.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DR67P9I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

I don't have any pics of the rear lights yet, but they're, IMO, pretty bright, with good coverage. Plenty to work by, and with two separate lights they can be angled separately to cover where you want.

Wild Bill

I'd say that my new lights are a minimum of 3x brighter than what I had. (Genuine Kubota 55w halogen worklights previously)

The neighbors are all impressed too. Saturday night I drove over to a neighbors house who has the flu and hadn't gotten out to plow his driveway in a week. I pulled in off the road, threw on the front light and I immediately saw him jump out of his chair and come over to the window to see what was going on.

The neighbor across the street (talked to him the next day) watched me come down the road and turn into the drive. Said I light up the world when I flipped on the front light. Also said that the back lights were real impressive when I flipped them on.

The LED lights have really impressed me. The thing that I really like is that they can mix spots and floods in one light. My front light has 24 floods and 18 spots. A great combo for a utility vehicle if you ask me. If you aim them right the spots will reach out there real far. I think I have mine aimed down a bit but it works fine for me right now.

You ever use an incandescent 3 D cell Mag-light next to a 2 AA cell LED one? Kiss the extra size and weight goodbye.