new windshield

blinko

HI everyone,</P>

I am going to be able this week to stop at the dealer where I picked up my 900 rtv this last summer. I am checking out a factory windshield. Can anyone tell me what the average price is, and if there is a better alternative. I have plexey glass and that is not the answer.</P>

Blinko</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Going price now is 550.00 - 600.00 installed ~~~~</P>

Mine last year was 550.00 installed , and think my dealer had to go up about 25.00 from what I've heard . Price of the OEM Glass Windshield went up from Kubota ~~~~</P>

MRBASS

600.00 in my neck of the woods, and i did the install.. Worth every penny for sure..Several good coats of Rain X while the window is nice and new and nothing sticks to it,,,not even water spots.! </P>

If you haul your rtv on a trailer i would suggest backing it on the trailer, 1 rock thrown from the truck and you could find yourself buying ANOTHER 600.00 windshield.Thanx TWO GUNS for giving me that tip.!</P>

ez chair

Has anyone seen or have Kubota's Lexan Windshield? Like the idea that it doesn't break as easy if hit, but wonder if it scratchs to easy. Also Kubota is making both clear and tinted.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
HEY EZ...................Coming from the perspective of an ol motorcycle rider that has used the various plastic see through devices over the years.....................THEY ALL SCRATCH.................yes, one can get polish and scratch remover stuff BUT THEY SCRATCH and cause distortion especially when direct light, better known as the sun, shines on them...........................I am being as mild mannered as I can be; but if you plan on using a plastic windshield in any kind of environment besides in your barn.......................DONT DO IT..................Dennis

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
EzChair, </P>

LEXAN WILL SCRATCH, EASY OR NOT, </P>

Once a small scratch get there, that scratch will ALWAYS be in your face. </P>