New Headliner and Post Covers for John Deere 7210

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We've had a JD 7210 tractor for about 20 years. This tractor is the smallest in the bil's "herd" of tractors. He has 2 4020's that are parked and just enjoyed for the memories and then 2 larger JDs ( 6150 and 6155) that we use for clipping pastures and pulling the feed wagon in the winter and cold months that are short of grass. Since the price of feed commodities have gone thru the roof , we have decide to start feeding rye grass/vetch hay that we grow here on the farm. This means we need a front end loader with hay spear and an unwinder for big bales. We decided to sell the 7210 and some other things and add a tractor with loader to the farm. We found one in Indiana ang got it. .
Now to the 7210, ... The headliner was drooping and even the posts material was in sad shape, so the bil ordered a kit and I installed it. I was so eager to work on it but it's good that I'm short because it was a humdinger to get it where it needed to go. The speaker and radio holes were all pre cut but the screw holes were sometimes slightly covered with material. I was hesitant to do much trimming as I didn't want to overdo it and have a worse problem . Finally though, I got it done, You will find several things handy for this project, including punches, an icepick and baggies to label every screw to every speaker etc. a plastic putty knife is a good thing too. Also something to help hold up the middle of the headliner after you get the front started . I used 5 ft fiberglass posts with padding.
I'm having trouble getting the pictures off of my phone to the computer. will try again later to post them .

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Headliner pictures , the source and the new to us tractor . We had people pleading with us to sell them the 7210 even after it was sold and here waiting for pick up , One guy even offered the buyer 1,000 over what he paid the bil (47,000). Buyer said no to them and is picking it up Friday.

Attachments

• 20240619_111253 headliner.jpg
    20240619_111253 headliner.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240619_130926 tractor.jpg
    20240619_130926 tractor.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240609_180624 new tractor.jpg
    20240609_180624 new tractor.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4