New forum member/ new RTV900 owner

Kubota4me

Hello all! My 2013 RTV900 worksite will be delivered today. Yesterday I had them remove the box and I took it in my pickup to have Line-X sprayed on inside of box. I've had that on 2 pickups and I feel it is far superior to anything else IMHO only. I have a Kubota L4400 HST tractor an love their products. My wife and I live on 16 acres of a virgin prairie remnant (meaning never has been tilled), which makes it quite rare. Anyway, lots of things to do on 16 acres to keep me busy. I'm 57 years young and I feel the anticipation like a young boy about to get his first rifle or shotgun. I'm glad to have found this forum. Tractorbynet has a good atv forum, however it is not Kubota specific like this one. So, I just wanted to say hi and I'm sure I will frequent this forum a lot.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

Jim

cpsseals

Welcome, and I know what you mean about your land. We've got 160 acres of undisturbed land comprised of 80% forested hills, creeks and a few ponds, the remainder are natural grassy hills. We homesteaded the property back in the 70s. Not enough to make a living on but plenty to keep us busy!
Happy to have you on the site!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Kubota4me,
And a very WELCOME from Louisiana ....

Enjoy the forum, enjoy the members. They are gold !!!!

............ two guns

Attachments

• rabbit.jpg
    rabbit.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 110

Kubota4me

Thanks for the warm welcome! Dealer delivered it and we had to do some rearranging in the garage to get the Kubota L4400 HST tractor, Ford F350 turbo diesel, Toyota Camry, all the farm implement equipment for the tractor, two freezers, snowblower, DR Fields bush hog mower and a bunch of other stuff to fit, BUT it did!

Dealer took us for a little drive in it and a couple of things stood out. I wished the bench seat would latch down and I thought it may be a little peppier than it was, but I have to remember, it's a diesel and heavier frame and also a workhorse, so I shouldn't compare it to those lighter framed toys running around, because they falter when doing tough, heavy work and the Kubota is known for loving hard work just like my diesel pickup. I had the dealer order me a black plastic roof for it. One question: with the wattage limitation on the 12volt cigarette adapter plug, what realistically can you use that for?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
One question: with the wattage limitation on the 12volt cigarette adapter plug, what realistically can you use that for?

Shining hogs and shooting them at night. It's legal in Louisiana, and in many states now !!!
Q-Beam works wonders on the hogs.
Some is also using a GoLite ....

I believe the engineer that develped the RTV, had hog problems
and had to have a place to "plug-it-in" >>>>

OR,

You can illegally shine deer at night :yum:

Not made for Cigarette Lighter, for Smoking is not allowed in the RTV. ..............
Voids Warranty

* Use for GPS
* Use for Map Light
* Use to plug in Cell Phone
* Use for Portable Radio
* Use for 12V Can Opener to open up Beans
* Use for 12 V Air Pump
.... etc ... etc .... etc ....

In the area of 180 watts.
............... two guns

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Kubota4me,

Wattage is calculated by multiplying the voltage by the amperage, and that the average vehicle uses a 12volt system, 12 volts x 15 amps = 180 watts. That means that if you try to use more than 180 watts (even as a peak or pulse wattage) then that 15 amp fuse will blow. However, while the battery is rated at 12 volts, that fully charged battery is actually putting out 13.8 volts, and 14.4 volts while the unit is running (the alternator puts out a high voltage than the battery rating, so that it can pump current into your battery and keep it charged). That means that a 170 watt 12volt appliance plugged into your cigarette lighter outlet may still blow your fuse, because the same appliance at 14.4 volts would try to draw 204 watts.

Hope this helps answer your question ....
.>>>>>>>>

............ two guns

Attachments

• Yoda Force.jpg
    Yoda Force.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 104

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Kubota4me............NO problem with running a seperate circuit or junction box for LOTS of accessories/must haves...........Dont just limit yourself to that puny cig lighter......lol.......check out the sticky thread above about all the toys some ops just HAVE to have........Again....welcome aboard........God bless.......Dennis

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Kubota4me:

Welcome aboard. Lots of good members here on this Forum. Keep those questions coming and if someone doesn't know the answer we'll make something up. LOL It's good to share experiences and knowledge with other RTV folks.
While not the electrical wizard like Two Guns, I have found that the newer LED lights use much less electricity and provide outstanding light output.

Keifer