Kubota RTV issues with transmission

lilwildcat78

Last year we couldn't fiqure out what was wrong. Linkage was fine, the fluids all fine, I changed filters in it I even pressure washed it. Did you know that it takes hydraulic/transmission fluid in 3 places? One place I know for a fact I didn't because I would've never dreamt of it. But when its low, the transmission is in back, but the oil goes in towards the front. I will send pics. But it started getting slower, would pull up hills, struggled to get it in and out of 4 wheel drive. Then it finally just stopped. It would start, but wouldn't moved. We put oil in, let it circulate a min. And it ran fine afterwards. Just suggestions. Google/you tube will show as well.

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
Last year we couldn't fiqure out what was wrong. Linkage was fine, the fluids all fine, I changed filters in it I even pressure washed it. Did you know that it takes hydraulic/transmission fluid in 3 places? One place I know for a fact I didn't because I would've never dreamt of it. But when its low, the transmission is in back, but the oil goes in towards the front. I will send pics. But it started getting slower, would pull up hills, struggled to get it in and out of 4 wheel drive. Then it finally just stopped. It would start, but wouldn't moved. We put oil in, let it circulate a min. And it ran fine afterwards. Just suggestions. Google/you tube will show as well.
What year and model is your unit and what are the three places?

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
The only places I know where hydraulic fluid can be added are at the transmission and the hydraulic fluid tank under the passenger seat. Not sure what you mean by the "three" places.

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
The only places I know where hydraulic fluid can be added are at the transmission and the hydraulic fluid tank under the passenger seat. Not sure what you mean by the "three" places.
You stated that in you post and that is what was throwing me off. I knew of two places but didn’t know if there was something I was missing

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
You stated that in you post and that is what was throwing me off. I knew of two places but didn’t know if there was something I was missing
No, I was agreeing with you that I didn't understand what lilwildcat78 had said about three hydraulic fill positions.