Just wanted to say Thanks...

mardyn

I'm new over here, just found the site last week.

Anyway, my RTV9 has about 229 hours on it now, and I've been trying to get some help on reducing the idle speed... well low and behold, a quick search turned up a thread, with instructions and pictures... how cool is that?

After having the dealer tell me it was non-adjustable and not to jack with it 'cause I'd void my warranty, I
spent a few minutes this morning and lowered the idle speed on my machine to a much more acceptable level. I suspect it might help with the difficult gear shifting as well.

Anyway, big Thanks to the RTV owners group for the great (and accurate) info. I'm looking forward to participating in some of the discussions over here.

btw... anybody thought about removing a leaf from the springs to soften up the ride a bit?
I'm considering it as my next mod.

mardyn

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear you found us and found something helpful.

I wouldn't remove a spring... If you did, you'll probably find it bottoming out in the rear (and causing a bump when it hit the rubber stop on the frame) or rubbing in the front. Have you adjusted (lowered) your tire air pressure?

mardyn

Yea, my tire pressure is already down to 10 psi, that's why I figured removing a leaf might be the next step... I see what you mean about the bump stops, they're pretty close already, maybe if I removed the upper donut.... Hmmm, just not sure.

But I am sure that I like the lower idle speed... can't believe it took me so long to cut it back to where it should have been in the first place.

mardyn