I'm new here...

pioneer

but not new to RTVs. I purchased my first RTV, a new RTV500 camo, in early 2013. I put just shy of 350hrs trouble free hours on it and just sold it for 87% of the price I paid new (not including insurance). I sold it because I just upgraded to a new RTV-X1140 orange with plastic top, tempered glass windshield, allow wheels, spray-on bed liner, and worksite tires. I was lucky enough to find a dealer about 5hrs away that had one in stock so I made the drive and am glad I did since a price increase sounds likely in the new year. The dealer even gave me $725 discount under MSRP (without me asking) which seems pretty good considering current supply issues.

So far I am really liking the X1140. In comparison to the RTV500, it's obviously a much bigger machine. It rides and drives so much better. The suspension is really impressive in how stable and capable of soaking up bumps it is. So far I've added side mirrors, rearview mirror, and rear cup holders to the new X1140.

I've read a lot of threads on here already, learned a lot, and I look forward to actively participating here!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!
I'm still driving my 2004 RTV900. Would love to get one of the new ones but I can't justify it based on how little my RTV is getting used these days.
Had 2 people in the last week wanting to buy mine but I'd take too much of a loss on it.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to this forum! You can usually find an answer here or a lead on where to find an answer. Congratulations on your upgrade. You will love it.
I just sold my 2014 X900 in less than 24 hours after posting on Craig's List. I had it for 7 years, 11,000+ miles and 1,730 hours. I used it for maintenance and plowing snow. Loved it and got 70% of my purchase price! I am waiting for delivery of a new X1100C next week. Looking forward to heat and doors!

pioneer

Welcome to this forum! You can usually find an answer here or a lead on where to find an answer. Congratulations on your upgrade. You will love it.
I just sold my 2014 X900 in less than 24 hours after posting on Craig's List. I had it for 7 years, 11,000+ miles and 1,730 hours. I used it for maintenance and plowing snow. Loved it and got 70% of my purchase price! I am waiting for delivery of a new X1100C next week. Looking forward to heat and doors!
I too sold my previous RTV in 24hrs. Got the new X1140 home on Friday 12/3. Posted old machine on FB Marketplace and CL on Saturday and then had a stack of Franklins in my hand waving bye on Sunday. Had two other potential buyers waiting in line if the first buyer didn't take it.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Pioneer. :) So glad that you have the RTV you were hoping for. What a great gift for yourself .. and it will keep on giving you loads of good times. and a handy work partner as well.

tfdr1

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get for it? I'm considering getting rid of my '14 X900 for a new x1100 and wondering what i might be able to get.

Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

Welcome Pioneer. I'm sure you are going to love it. Awesome machines. And this forum is the KING of RTV knowledge. A lot of RTV tech knowledge here.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get for it? I'm considering getting rid of my '14 X900 for a new x1100 and wondering what i might be able to get.
Our local dealer said I should ask $14,000 but with 11,000 miles and 1700 hours I felt that seemed a bit much. I asked $12,500 and got it. The machine is in excellent condition - almost like new with no rust and dents. I had four people contact me within 12 hours and the first person to see and drive it took it. He loved and and didn't even offer less than the asking price. Perhaps I could have asked $14,000, but I feel good I sold it so quickly with a good conscience.

tfdr1

Our local dealer said I should ask $14,000 but with 11,000 miles and 1700 hours I felt that seemed a bit much. I asked $12,500 and got it. The machine is in excellent condition - almost like new with no rust and dents. I had four people contact me within 12 hours and the first person to see and drive it took it. He loved and and didn't even offer less than the asking price. Perhaps I could have asked $14,000, but I feel good I sold it so quickly with a good conscience.

That's crazy, but good for you. I paid $12,000 for mine in '17 with 250 hours on it and it has the soft doors. I've installed the ice crusher heater system in it, so I guess I could definitely get my money back at this point the way the market is. Now the big issue is actually finding a X1100 in stock somewhere.

Thanks

Dave

Reactions: Doc