Hydrolyc Cylynder shock

Mark.Sibole

I have most of the parts for the hydrolyc dump but the cylynder.
I called Kubota today what a joke 359.00 for a damn cylynder.
If anyone know anyone who has a spare dump cylynder they want to sell at a resonable price let me know.

Mark

vintovka

Think my whole electric dump kit was less than that. Kubota parts pricing seems to be just short of gouging.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
You are right about that price! Surplus center does have a lot of cylinders and pumps etc to choose from . They have a great catalog full of all sorts of goodies handy folks crave to build stuff with. If you need anymore measurements other than the ones in your previous thread just let us know my friend. bordercollie .

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
what is wrong with the one you have ?is it leaking?i can probably rebuild it for you. my last job when i was working was building hydraulic cranes.

hmgary

He may not have one. I have an 05 and it doesn't have the dump cylinder. I'd like to get one but if you buy the parts and have the dealership install it, you're looking at about $2,000!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
if you don't have all the stuff installed to run the ram with hydraulics .you can install a small air compressor to run it.we have made car lifts with rams and ran them off of air compressors before with any ill affects.just don't be pumping 100lbs of pressure into them it only takes a bit of air to run the rams.when in the shop and we was testing the rams after rebuilding them we pumped air into them .you can get a small 12 volt compressor and a small volume take for alot less that it would cost to get a hydraulic system setup.another thing you could lookinto is them air activated jacks they sell try sears lowes /homedepot and other hardware stores. you might not even need the volume takn just the jack and the compressor.

Mark.Sibole

Thanks Peanut.
My machine did not come with the dump system and as I get older im learning i need assistance dumping now so il looking to put a dump kit on it but im NOT paying Kubota the outragious price they want for things.

Mark

vintovka

I have an electric dump on mine and like it. Can use it w/o the engine running and that is handy. If I had it do over again I'd buy just an electric ram unit and add the switches myself.
The original kit cost around $400 and I thought it was twice what it should cost.