Hydraulic leak on ~2015 RTV-X900

peterkerwin

My local dealer fixed a steering leak 2 years ago and everything was dry under and then this spring I started seeing the drops on the garage floor again.
I called the dealer and they can't look at it until the fall sometime so I put it up on some ramps to check it out. The source of the dripping was pointing to the hydraulic tank. I took off the under side skid plate and pointed a flashlight to where the hydraulic lines connect to the hydraulic tank.
I see three nipples(not sure what they are called). Two connect off to somewhere and the third, which appears to be highest on the side of the tank, is capped.
The cap appears to have cracked or ripped and is leaking hydraulic fluid. This appears to be a pretty easy fix but I've been googling for a couple of hours and can't seem to find anything like it or even a Kubota parts diagram for it. Looking for anyone who has had this issue or suggestions on where to locate a replacement 'cap.'
Any help would be apprecaited.
Peter

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    734.8 KB · Views: 30

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
make sure your vent isn't plugged. get a piece of oil resistant hose like fuel line or heater hose a couple of clamps and a bolt that will fit snug into the hose. cut a very short piece of hose and clamp the bolt into the end like a plug, slip the other end over the nipple and clamp it.

Reactions: Doc

tfdr1

I had the same exact issue with my '14 x900 about a year and a half ago and the dealer told me to do the old bolt in the hose deal for a plug.

Reactions: Doc

peterkerwin

Update... I ordered a replacement PLUG(OPTION, RETURN) part K7591-34450 from my dealer for less than $4.
Did the replacement yesterday. The old cap was split and ripped, definitely the issue. I wonder if it was over tightened? Installed the new one and snugged it up.
I don't think the hydraulic tank is pressurized so just a snug fit should do it.
Gonna keep an eye on it and tighten it up if it looks like there is any leakage. Thanks all for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_0332.jpeg
    IMG_0332.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9