Gas Pedal Hard to Push

SmilingFarmer

I recently purchased a RTV 1100. I am enjoying putting a few hours on my machine. Everyone that has driven the RTV has commented on how hard it is to push down the gas pedal. I noticed it as well. You can drive it for a few minutes and your foot and leg gets tired. Does anyone know if there would be some type of "spring adjustment" to decrease the tension?</P>

Thanks</P>

fridaym5

I've also have a RTV1100 My NO. 1 problem is the same as yours. hope somebody has a solution - after about 5 min. I'm using my left foot -not to safe & also inconvient.

Ron

Goodmorning............My 1100 with 94 hours is ok. The pedal seems alright I have had no one complain about it ! Hope you can figure it out.......Ron

rapracing

I didn't know there was a GAS pedal <FONT size=6>[:^)]...</FONT><FONT size=3>Just kidding!!</FONT></P>

My 900 is stiffmaybe even has a little tacky feel, but there is no pressure pushing back that would tire my leg. I sounds like if there is that much pressure back on your foot and leg there is a spring or something that needs adjusted. Once mine is pushed whether 1/4, 1/2 or full throttle it is very easy to hold and keep in place. I would think the 1100 would be built very similar</P>

</P>

</P>

mmolnar

We just bought an 1100 a bit over a week ago. I noticed it seemed a bit difficult to depress the pedal, then noticed it slides forward more than goes downward. Take a look at the action of the pedal and you'll see what I mean.

With a slight change in my technique I wasn't pushing "down", but forward. Much easier.

mmolnar

fridaym5

I removed heavy spring from throttle pedal under the dash,and replaced it with a much lighter one this afternoon - seems to really help.