front one piece drive shaft

muffler man

has anyone replaced the front drive shaft with the new one piece shaft? i am tired of listening to the rattle and replacing the carrier bearing. I know that it is expensive, just wondering how well it works.

Bill

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Muffler man , I didn't replace but love the one piece that came on my 2011 RTV900. 2300 hrs so far, and no rattle. :) I f you do the replacement, please let us know how it goes. I will have to replace this one or it's ujoints under those boots,one day and any information would be helpful for sure. :tiphat: collie

lovelacek

Front Drive Shaft

I finally caved in and spent the money a couple of years ago for the new one-piece driveshaft. As soon as I got it installed, I felt that it was money well spent. Zero problems and so much less noisy than the old system.

muffler man

got the axle in today. Install was very easy,about 1 hour. bc, if you have to replace the cv joints it should be a breeze. the whole axle is spring loaded and easy to remove.

Bill

Brewer90

How do you get the shaft out once it's off the splines? I'm currently working on an rtv x900 with the single piece shaft.
Are those joints replaceable or do I have to order a whole shaft?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I had to replace the boot on my one piece before i sold it in 2019. The center floor panel is removeable to make it more accessible . Look under the mat and will likely need to use penetrating oil and the rap of a hammer to set the screwdriver in the head of the bolt. ( I think it was a big phillip's head?) There's a post about the floor access plate. https://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/threads/check-your-flooorboard.17913/