Front and Rear Work Lights for RTV 1100

SmilingFarmer

From reading other posts, I know some have installed marine gang switches for adding lights/accessories. I decided to try to use the wiring that was already provided by Kubota on my RTV 1100 for the purpose of adding front and rear worklights. They have prewired for two lights on the front but only one on the back (rear left). I wanted a pair of lights on the back as well so I just unbolted the headliner and spliced into the wires and ran a set over to the rear right. </p>

To make the job look nice, I splurged and orderedthe actual Kubota switches that are designed for the front and rear work lights. The cost was a little steep ($24 each) but it makes for a nice job. To save a little money, you can buy rectangular driving lights that have 55 watt halogen bulbs for less than $20 per pair at WalMart or most auto parts stores (Auto Zone, Advance Auto, etc).I thought I had it all figured out but I couldn't get any power to the overhead wiring. I had a shop manual for the RTV 1100 but there was nothing in there with any details about a wiring diagram for the work lights, I had a friend come by to see if he could help me figure why I wasn't getting power to the overhead wires. Well, it turns out there was a relay panel with several relays and 3 slow blow fuses located just above the fuse panel. There was one empty spot onthe relay panel that didn't have a relay. Just for the heck of it, we took a relay from another spot and tried it in the empty spot and sure enough, that gave us the power to the overhead wiring. Kubota prewires for the worklights but leaves out the relay. Hopefully this will help someone else who is trying to wire work lights on their 1100 using the Kubota wiring and switches. I put therelay back into its original position and plan to go back to my Kubota dealer tomorrow to get the proper relay for the worklights. I would imagine that if you ordered the light kits from Kubota, they would have provided instructions as well as the relay but hey, sometimes you just like a nice DIY project to save some $. </p>

A question for the group. I will have 2 of the 55 watt halogen lights on the front and2 of the 55 watt bulbs onthe rear. It is protected by a 15 amp fuse in the Kubota fuse panel. As I said earlier, Kubota only puts 3 lights (2 on the front and 1 on the rear). Do you think these four lights will cause an overload on the 15 amp fuse and cause it to blow? Iplan to install my Stryker GoLight in the front center position when it arrives in a couple of days. I plan to definitely put it on its own dedicated circuit rather than the work light circuit or Iexpect I wouldsurely overload the work light circuit. </p>

Thanks,</p>

Smiling Farmer</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
For what it's worth, I have run both front and both rears at the same time. Never have I yet overloaded one yet !!!! That's been going on for 16 months now . Yes, install the Stryker on a seperate circuit for sure.</p>

The GoLight is a big plus for the RTV's !!! We use the GoLight big time down here >>>>>>>.</p>

<span style="font-size: medium; color: #ff0000; font-family: JohnHancock;">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</span></p>

G

15A @ 12V = 180watts. 4x55w lights should blow the fuse, unless they don't actually burn 55watts. If you bought them from Walmart that would not be surprising :).</p>

</p>

G

15A @ 12V = 180watts. 4x55w lights should blow the fuse, unless they don't actually burn 55watts. If you bought them from Walmart that would not be suprising :).</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I apologize,checked mine this morning, and the frontand back are powered by a seperate power source. And theGolight is on a seperate power source all together >>>> This is on a RTV 900 ...</p>

<span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: #ff0000;"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></span></span></p>

station agent

rtv 100 rear u joint replacement

Hi I am new to this, I have to replace drivers side rear u joints on my 2009 kubota rtv 1100. I have read several posts but have not found one on the 1100 may have overlooked it .I know I can get u joints from Kubota at $90 each but does any one have a part # for u joints that I can get at a local auto store for less amount of money that would work. Thank you

pop58

Another way to look at it is.

The amps are equal to the watts divided by the volts.

In your case: 55 / 12 = 4.583 Amps. 4.584 Amps X 4 lights = 18.333 Amps.

I would split them or use LED lights.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
First we have a newgee, welcome aboard by the way, asking about el cheapo U-Joints, and then another answering a 6 1/2 year old post...........twilight zone here????.......God bless

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi I am new to this, I have to replace drivers side rear u joints on my 2009 kubota rtv 1100. I have read several posts but have not found one on the 1100 may have overlooked it .I know I can get u joints from Kubota at $90 each but does any one have a part # for u joints that I can get at a local auto store for less amount of money that would work. Thank you
Welcome to the forum. Please post this question in this thread.
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13788

OrangeBuggy

First we have a newgee, welcome aboard by the way, asking about el cheapo U-Joints, and then another answering a 6 1/2 year old post...........twilight zone here????.......God bless

Oh man....you're paying more attention then I am....lol