Filter information

purdybass

I'm sure someone has put this information on here before, but I've tried searching several times and can't seem to find it. I am wondering what filters (fuel, hydraulic,oil) you guys are running. I just bought a used 07 RTV with 1200 hours and I am wanting to change all the fluids and filters. I was thinking about going with Wix filters if somone could let me know what the part numbers are, or is there a strong feeling that only Kubota filters should be used? The guy I bought it from had all of the maintenance records, and every service has been done with what the book recommends, and he has only used Kubota filters and fluids in the past. I guess I should mention I live over an hour away from a dealer, but 2 minutes from a parts store that carries Wix products, so that is why I am thinking it may be easier on me to switch to them.

Any thoughts, opinions, or suggestions would be appreciated.

urednecku

I ordered the Kubota oil & 2 hydraulic filters from Messicks (I think it was) for my M7040 & they were about $30 or so cheaper than the local dealer - including shipping. I also don't think you would go wrong with Wix, I know a lot of people like them over the 'cheap' ones.
And from what I've heard, I'm gonna go with the Kubota hydraulic oil next change. Seems to be a noticeable difference in the performance of my FEL with the "compatible' oil I refilled with after changing the filters, (where a lot of the hydro oil drains out before you can get the new filters back on.)
Only thing, I have yet to have somebody tell me the difference between their UDT and the Super UDT, other than price.

purdybass

Also there are two hydraulic filters, an orange and an yellow. Can anyone fill me in on what the differnce is between the two? Someone had told me that the one facing the rear is only for external hydraulics witch my machine does not have. Should I replace both of them? (sorry for the dumb questions, but I don't have an owners manual yet)

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Also there are two hydraulic filters, an orange and an yellow. Can anyone fill me in on what the differnce is between the two? Should I replace both of them? (sorry for the dumb questions, but I don't have an owners manual yet)

YES * YES * YES !!!!!
CHANGE BOTH HYDRAULIC FILTERS >>> One is a Suction Filter,
The other is a HST filter. They BOTH ARE USED !!!

K7561-1407 HST
HHK71-14080 SUCTION

On the engine, you can use a Wix >>>
But you BETTER stay with the OEM Kubota Filter & Fluids in the tranny.
Use the SUPER UDT in the transmission. It will pull better and performace
is at it best with the SUPER UDT.
The Super vocosity & properties are different in the plain Kubota Hydro Fluids. Even though the machine will work with the regular, it's a proven fact
that the performace of the tranny is so much better. The RTV was designed to use Super.
Fuel filter, a WIX will be fine there too !!!!

..... and please, use a quality diesel engine oil in you RTV. Don't go cheap ....

........... two guns

Attachments

• Darth Vader Water.gif
    Darth Vader Water.gif
    72.5 KB · Views: 139

oliver1755

Napa gold 1365 engine oil
Napa gold 3972 fuel filter
Napa gold 6449 air filter
Napa gold 1361 rear end
Napa gold 1367 rear end

John Deere hytran in transmission
15w40 John Deere hyguard oil

Change engine oil every 50 hours. Transmission twice a year.
We have a RTV 900 and put 600 hours a year on it. Grain Farming. Never had the first problem with it. Maybe a flat tire on occasion.