Double Orange

I'm the FNG.... After owning a B3030 Cab for 1 year and 187 hrs, with no problems and great dealer support, today I pulled the trigger and traded my J. Deere diesel trail gator for the RTV 1100. Thus the my name "Double Orange". The gator wasreliable, but wasapproaching the age where I knew it was going to start nickle and dime me. I have a horse farm and needed reliablility, choirs don't stop becuase your equiptment takes a break. I'm retired but stiil work hard and expect my equiptment to work just as hard. I wanted quality and value for my $$ money. Well after comparing all the competitors the Kubota RTV 1100, was hands down the most solid built of all.. I said solid built, I'd almost have to say ...built like a tank!! Expect delivery Monday. I waslucky for two reasons today...One becuase the dealer was able to locate one... plus offered me more for mygator than I was going to advertise it for! My dealer sells J. Deere and Kubota. and expects to have problems selling the new gators when the RTV 1100 show up on his lot. Cost was $15775 w/ the bedliner. Didn't want to pay $435.00 and 2hr labor@ $70 hr. to install the radio or 2 more hrs for the air cleaner extention. My son works for food and beer, I might save a couple of buck"s depending on how thirsty he is !!You guys have posted very helpful information and..... I Thank You... for sharing. Once again thanks guys, Frank...Eastern Shore Md.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Double Orange,</P>

Welcome to the new world ! Welcome to the Forum. You will find some great imformation here, folks here are always willing to help !!!!! I myself, purchase a RTV 900 right before the 1100 series got released. I do enjoy mine, use mine on a farm also. Still might before the years end, purchase a second , which will be the 1100 . They are a tuff machines ..... As I have preached to others, please do yourself & the RTV a favor, get the <FONT color=#ff0000>High Position Air Intake Kit V4276.</FONT><FONT color=#000000> It is worth it's weight in gold on the farms .... You got a great deal on your RTV from what I have heard what some dealers are charging for 'em. The air cleaner if I remember right, runs in the area of 170.00 ~~~ I installed mine myself and took just about 20 minutes ..... </FONT></P>

Have A Nice Day, & Start Enjoying Your New Work Horse !!!!</P>

~~~~~~~~~ jamie </P>

Two Guns, I did order the Hi position air intake. I read your previous post about howquickly you installed yours and couldn't justfy paying dealer 2 hrs @ $75 per.. My son going to take care of installing the radio. Minehas the h.d. work site tires. I havn't seen these yet but hope there similar to the trail gator tires? I will be crossingtwo shallowcreeks bricked bottom to get to our horse trails. The trails have many hills, some 600' hi but not a bad grade. The gator tires where'nta problem. I've readalmost all ofyour post and have found yours and others infomation very helpful. Thanks Frank

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Frank and congrats on your new RTV.

We're hoping you and other new 1100 owners can help us by posting reviews.

Brian

outlaw 1100

I BOUGHT A CAMO RVT 1100 FOR 15500 IN MISSISSIPPI WITH A JENSEN AM/FM/CD RADIO ALREADY INSTALLED BY THE DEALER.THEY ALSO TURNED THE HYDRO UP FOR ME FOR FREE.IT RUNS ABOUT 29MPH NOW AND HAS A LITTLE MORE POWER</P>

I GOT A 2" LIFT KIT AND SOME SG 5 STAR WHEELS WITH 27" OUTLAWS ON THE WAY .NOTHIN LIKE MUD RIDEN WITH THE AC BLOWEN.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> congratulations, & welcome to the world of RTV >>>>>></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> What part of Mississippi you live in ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>What does outlaw tires look like ? Who makes them ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> Yea, bet it is nice throwing mud while the cold air is parting your hair !!! Must plan on using it for hunting & such ~~~~~~~</FONT></DIV>

Outlaw 1100, I knowwhy you call yourself... OUTLAW..... becuase you STOLE the S.O.B. !! Make sure you send us some photos. This is a great forum. Welcome Aboard ! Frank

sjcolu

what is the name of your dealer in ms I have been looking for a good deal on one and it sure sounds like you found one. I'm not that far I am on the FL,AL line.</P>

Thanks</P>

Joe</P>

</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<FONT face=Verdana size=4>OUTLAW 1100,</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Verdana size=4> That is a good price you got on the RTV, my dealer is getting $15,200 without the stereo here in Louisiana. </FONT></P>

<FONT face=Verdana size=4> I have done witnessed, that if a man goes to a dealer, already knowing what a good price is at another dealer, and tells him that price, 95% of the time the dealer will match it. For ALL dealers pay the same price for the RTV's from the factory. Just some dealers are more stingy and want to get all they can get from one sale. Also, if you find a dealer that sells the RTV's in volume, the best deals will mostly be there ~~~~~~The folks I deal with in Louisiana, they have shipments flowing in all the time, they cannot keep the RTV's in stock. Few weeks ago, when I stopped by his place, he told me he sold over 21 units in less five days. It's like that all the time there. That goes for the 900's & 1100's, camo & orange in color >>> Especiallynow it's getting time for hunters to start hitting the woods doing the deer plot thing and hunting ~~~~~~~</FONT></P>

outlaw 1100

I LIVE IN SOUTHAVEN, MS.HIGH LIFTER MAKES TH OUTLAW TIRE.THEY ARE IN LA.HIGHLIFTER.COM.I JUST SOLD A RHINO 660 WITH 28'S AND A KAWASAKI 750 BRUTE FORCE WITH 29.5 OUTLAWS LIFT AND SNORKELS AND ON AND ON AND ON.SOUTHAVEN IS ON THE MEMPHIS TN STATE LINE. GOOD TO BE ABOARD.THKS

outlaw 1100

HEY JOE RELIABLE EQUIPMENT IS THE KUBOTA DEALER.THEY ARE IN HERNANDO MS.EXIT 280 ON I-55.ASK FOR GERALD AND TELL HIM DENNIS BAILEY FROM BB&T RACING SENT YOU.ALSO TELL HIM TO TURN YOUR HYROSTAT PRESSURE UP. IT WILL PICK THE POWER UP SUM.THEY ARE A SMALL HOMETOWN DEALER.I BOUGHT MY 1100 FRIDAY WENT TO THE FARM SUNDAY.WHEN I WAS COMING HOME A ROCK HIT THE FRONT WINSHIELD AND SHATTERED IT.THE WIND SUCKED THE DSIDE WINDOW OUT ALSO.I TOOK IT TO GERALD MONDAY MORNING [SCARED TO ASK WHAT IT WAS GOING TO COST TO FIX] HE SAID NO PROBLEM HE WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT.HE NEXT DAY ORDERED BOTH WINDOWS BUT THEY ARE ON BACKORDER FOR 10 DAYS.IN THE MEANTIME HE ASKED IF I NEEDED ANOTHER MACHINE TO RIDE TILL MINE WAS REPAIRED AND TOLD ME TO COME ON DOWN AND PICKUP A NEW ONE OFF THE LOT TILL HE GOT MINE FIXED.NOW THAT IS SERVICE.

outlaw 1100

HEY FRANK I GET SUM PICTURES AS SOON AS THE LIFT KIT AND TIRES GET HERE.SHOULD BE HERE ON FRIDAY.MY WINSHIELD WONT BE IN TILL THE END NEXT WEEK.A COUPLE OF WEEKS I SHOULD HAVE IT ALL INSTALLED AND THE WINDOWS TINTED THEN. THNKS

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hate to hear about your windshield. I figured it would just leave a " peck" mark. But you said it just shattered out. Bet you like to have died right there. I myself, back mine up on my trailersand haul them in that method. I never face mine forward going down the highway on a trailer. </P>

outlaw 1100

YEA I LEARNED THE HARD WAY.THE PROBLEM IS THE GLASS IS TEMPERED AND NOT LAMINATED LIKE A CAR WINSHIELD.IF ANYTHING HITS IT THE WINDSHIELD WILL SHATTER.ITS JUST A MINOR DESIGN FLAW IN A NEW MACHINE.FROM NOW ON MINE WILL BE TOWED BACKWARDS WITH THE BED RAISED UP.MY MACHINE HAS 3 MILES ON WHEN THIS HAPPENED.GLAD I WASNT DRIVING IT DOWN THE ROAD WHEN THIS HAPPENED.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Mister, I was told before that they would shatter, but I just kinda thought It would just peck.. </P>

Hope you had a piece of the Rock. Hope you had some kinda insurance on it. But I would imagine the deductible is probobly just as much as the glass. Something else you may want to look into.... When I travel with mine on the trailer, of course it goes backwards. Kubota 900's come with a steel back screen on them. But it does have holes in it. Now, chances are, yes, a small rock could go threw the wires and hit the front windshield. So being I am in the sign business, I take a piece of "CORA-PLAST ", it's like heavy cardboard, but all plastic and flexible.All sign companies have it. Set it up on the back screen and runtwo bolts threw with washers and wing-nuts to hold it on till I get tothe plantation. Takes about a minute to install, minute to take down.Just throw it in the back of the truck, until your ready to load back up and do it again. Yes, it willtake care of the windshield from the back. Check with your local sign shop, cost you about 4-6 dollars for a piece. For a little more, you can get them toletter itwith yourname " OUTLAW" , and have it on it while your goingdown the road. Just something to think about ~~~~ </P>

~~~~~~~~~ jamie</P>