Do it yourself bed liner

purdybass

Hey guys, just bought a 2007 RTV 900 and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do in the bed. There's no liner or mat, just the metal flooring and I need to do something to stop everything from rattling around. I think I remember someone had used a horse stall mat, but I was wondering if anyone had used the do it yourself truck bed lining. If so, what brand, and how as it held up? Any info or suggestions are appreciated.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have always been dubious about using this stuff. For me, I have used a horse stall mat cut to size that dramatically cuts down on noise and offers some protection. Last night though, I happened to be flipping through the channels and "Myth Busters" was doing a thin on Bed linings............They did all kinds of tests with running a protected and not protected vehicle coated with bed liner into all kinds of stuff and IT DID PROTECT FROM LOTS of damage..............Even kept an attack dog from causing injury.......Anyway, for me I am also interested in applying this to my 05 even though it is well used.........

WHAT's the BEST home do it yourself brand to use???????............God bless......Dennis

DocGP

I used Herculiner in my old work truck. I wasn't impressed. would knock off with anything hard (2X4, firewood, crescent wrench) dropped in the back. One of the selling points is you can touch it up yourself. Well, this is true, but I didn't want to "touch it up" every stinking weekend. Also, once I put it in, you can't really strip it and put something professional in there (at least none of the guys around here would touch it after I messed it up). Not again for me.

Doc

DIXIEDOG

I don't like the spray in one from rattle cans I put in back of my RTV either....it isn't thick enough to be durable. To have a spray in done both Line-X and Rhino dealers wanted $350+ to do my RTV 500 so the rattle can was a heck of a lot cheaper but it didn't give me what I was looking for. To be honest if Kubota took a little time to prep the bed of my RTV before they painted it I wouldn't have had to touch it....just over a year into ownership all the paint started falling off the bed because it had rust under it.:cuss: It's hard to say but if I hadn't already bought my Kubota I'm not so sure I would have, it's a fine work side by side but little things like the paint and plastic matter to me and I think they missed the mark on quality there. After having to sandblast and refinish the bed on my 500 with less than 40 hrs on the clock I was starting to regret not looking at a Gator.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
I have the plastic liner from kubota and it has held up pretty well for all the wood and rocks I have hauled in it. As far as the gators my neighbor just bought a 900 after having 2 Gators in the last 3 years. They spent more time at the dealer than any new vehicle should. And it was costing him big bucks for front axle joints etc. He does not use his nearly as hard as I do mine. He rode up and down my powerline a few times in mine and decided that is what he wanted.

Mark.Sibole

IMO its a work machine and not a look pretty machine.
Scratches come with the territory.
I just use a piece of plywood on the bed if im moving rocks or gravel.For fire wood it stays nekkid.
I bought it for work and not to look nice.
The bed isnt anything you cant wash out and spray some WD 40 or other lub on it to keep it rust free.
But its to each his own.
I dont regret buying the Kubota at all.
It has done more than it probably should have .

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i had a buddy that used the one they sell at walmart .it comes in a gallon container it held up really good it wasn't the prettiest job in the world but it done it's purpose. my buddy was drunk when he put it on so thats a good reason why it looked kinda bad. you have to roll it on but i always wondered if you could spray it out of a washdown gun or paint gun it would probably look alot better if sprayed.