Another RTV 1100 new owner

JohnR

I have had my machine for about 6 days now and I already have 17 hours on it. So far it has been one of the best purchases I have made in my lifetime. I spent about 3 weeks before the machine arrived making trails on the farm to ride on. I am now able to ride near my pasture fence line thus making it much easier to maintain . And as far as hunting and being in the woods, thats all I can say is wow. Sitting in a heated cab as you watch the Nov. winds blow the trees and knowing it is 35 degrees out their and you are only wearing a t shirt makes you feel like you are on great adventures Disneyland ride.I have taken several of my 60+ friends out on rides in this great machine and all have marveled at its comfort and go anywhere capabilities. I could not be happier with my purchase.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<TABLE class=CAPageContent id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ComposePage style="DISPLAY: block; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<DIV id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___Reply>JohnR </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Welcome to the show !! Congrats on your new machine >>>> Send us pictures of you new investment . Think you like it now, it gets better as time goes on ~~~~~</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> Need any advise on anything, give us a note, folks here love to help !!!!</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

John R:You made a great investment in picking the 1100. I am a new owner, too and if is any consulation it will only get better with time. It makes you almost look forward to winter. </P>

You also made another good decision-joining this forum. There are so many fine folks on this site that have already been down most of those trails of "what to do if? and how to add all the toys". Everyone is helpful and friendly so don't wait to post any questions you may have. You will have a difficult time coming up with something that hasn't been asked or thought of by some of the members. I am still making my way through all of the post and pages and am finding things extremely helpful. I am a new member too, and are really impressed with the imagination and different approaches taken to making their RTVs better.</P>

Nick</P>

ride often, be careful and smile-you are on the best</P>

John R,</P>

Welcome aboard, and congrats on your new investment!</P>

What part of the world do you hang up your hat?</P>

I just put 92 hrs on my 1100 since Aug. Been thru the 98 temps, and tonight we are expecting are 1st dusting mixed with rain. And just like a kid I'll be riding around in it just becuase I can!</P>

Keep us posted and stay safe!</P>

Frank</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Are any of ya'll new owners plan on getting the High Filter Intake for your RTV ?</P>

Be something to look into, for the sake of the RTV, and your pocket book in the future !!!</P>

[:O]</P>

TWO GUNS: I do and would not run mine without it since we run on the river banks some-sand. I even put a turbo precleaner on the top.</P>

Good advice-TWO GUNS</P>

Nick</P>

JohnR

Thanks to this forum I ordered mine with a lot of the special features discussed here. I have the following:
Camo
3 ton winch
AM/FM with CD
High Air Intake
Front and rear hitch
bed liner
front and rear work lights (payed for but on back order)
Turn signal and hazard (payed for but on back order)

ALL OF MY BACK ORDERS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE IN AROUND MID DEC. WHICH WILL BE RIGHT AROUND THE TIME I WILL BE READY FOR MY 50 SERVICE.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="JohnR"]I have had my machine for about 6 days now and I already have 17 hours on it. So far it has been one of the best purchases I have made in my lifetime.[/quote]
It does make one wonder how we got by without these things... Glad you're enjoying it.

[quote user="Nick-America"]It makes you almost look forward to winter. [/quote]
Hey, don't rub it in. Remember, there's some of us running without a cab... Just kidding. I can handle the cold and as long as the windshield is on to break the wind and deflect the snow, I'm getting by.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hadmaybe 13 hours on mine when I found out about the RTV 1100 fixin' to get released to the dealers. Didn't even know they were coming out. But I'm very, very happy with my 900 ....</P>

My wife says she can't wait till March or April of '08, that's when plans are to add another punkin' into the fleet . This time she said it her turn, and it's going to be the 1100 series unit.Of course, she said I was going to keep my honey of a RTV, while she will be riding in something that will be climate controled >>>>>>> Women, always worried 'bout the hair gettin' messed-up in the wind. But, they always come up with the excuses when they want something...... </P>

mikeyd

Well, I hate to say I told you so.....I'm very glad you are as pleased with your 1100 as I am with mine. And, yes, the heated cab is sweet. Sometimes when I am driving through the fields or the woods and its 35 degrees and the wind is blowing I almost feel guilty. The longer I own this machine the more I like it.

JohnR

Mike, You were right. These things are great. Only problem I have encountered is how quickly my ground this time of year (N.Y. State) gets full of ruts caused by the machine. I have the more aggressive ATV type tire on my machine (one of the choices offered on the 1100) and they work great for traction but are not ground friendly. Maybe a guy needs two sets one for soft ground and one for the rest.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome JohnR!I have enjoyed the weatherband I have on my am/fm cd radio . Bought for a marine supply store. But that wouldn't matter since you are waterproof.!I keep it in my poorly designed glovebox and pipe the speakers under the hood. I evaded a tornado a few years ago with one in my truck {pre rtv days}and I was out in the pasture that dark day too.Glad I had it then and that it had one sweet siren go off. Maybe that is why I lived to own an RTV?. Bordercollie[&]

JohnR

My radio comes with the same features you describe. I use them all the time . I must admit my concerns for the background noise of the machine interfering with the volume has proven to be unfounded. Volume dial goes to, I think, 30 and I find I don't have to put it any higher than 14~15 for comfortable listening. I am starting to think I will need seat covers to protect the cloth seats that come with the unit. Already one of my grandchildren (unbeknown to me ) came on board eating a snickers bar. Excited children candy and new cloth seats are a bad combination.

mikeyd

[quote user="JohnR"]Mike, You were right. These things are great. Only problem I have encountered is how quickly my ground this time of year (N.Y. State) gets full of ruts caused by the machine. I have the more aggressive ATV type tire on my machine (one of the choices offered on the 1100) and they work great for traction but are not ground friendly. Maybe a guy needs two sets one for soft ground and one for the rest.[/quote]</P>

Glad you are pleased with the machine. I live near Albany, NY so I know what you mean about the ground this time of year. I got the worksite tires as I use the machine mostly around my property. I have 15 acres, with about 7 1/2 in grass so the worksite tires go easy on the turf. They are just okay in the woods as long as it isn't too greasy. We're on heavy clay here so when it gets wet it gets real greasy. I am considering getting a second set of rims with mud tires for the fallwinter and spring when I'm not on the lawn that much.</P>

pivatic1

Hey TWO GUNS. Come up to SC and we can get a two for one deal on the RTV 1100.I plan on picking one up in March also!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Need to !!!</P>

Just give Mrs. Two Guns the ok to get a new puppy she's been a wanting.,,,, maybe that will hush things up for a few months ....Until she thinks of the 1100 again, you know how they are !!!!</P>

[:$]</P>

Maybe I should buy here a Orange Gold Fish and a newTank, let her call it her 1100 ~~~~~</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="TWO GUNS"] Maybe I should buy here a Orange Gold Fish and a newTank, let her call it her 1100 ~~~~~[/quote]
And after Mrs. TWO GUNS received her new "1100"....

He never saw it coming... Services will be held for TWO GUNS this coming Saturday.