2018 RTVX900 no 4wd

SteveRTVX900

Hi. Brand new to the forum.
I recently acquired a 2018 RTVX900 that had been used at an underground copper mine. It had been parked for a couple of years. The environment there was very corrosive. The mine did regular maintenance on the machine.
I have it mostly back up and running and mounted a snow plow. Unfortunately it doesn’t want to go into four wheel drive :(
Oil levels are all good, haven’t been able to check the front diff yet. I disconnected the 4WD shift cable at the side of the transmission and tried shifting it there. The lever on the transmission seems to move properly But still no 4WD? trying to figure out what to do next? I have the service manual and also parts drawings. I have a lot of mechanical experience, but this is my first hydrostatic drive.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to our forums. Good luck with the 4wd issue. Sounds like you've done a good job of digging into it already, sadly at this point I have no idea what you might try next. Hopefully one of our other members will chime in soon.

SteveRTVX900

Problem solved! The drive shaft splines were stripped where it fit over the input Shaft on the front differential. Thankfully I was able to get a good used one. Biggest problem was one of the front axles was seized into the front differential also. In order to get the front differential out of the machine with one axle still attached I had to take apart the differential in place to be able to wiggle the parts out. I was able to free the axle eventually, but that is another story.