1100 tire rubbing

ihunt2

<p style="margin: 7.5pt;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Arial;">Hey all I have been looking on this great site for quite a while and finally recently joined. I purchased an 1100 about 6 months ago and it has been great. It hasdone everything I have asked it to do until it gets in muddy conditions with the stock ATV type tires. I recently purchased new tires and wheels after allot of reading on this site and others, but now I have a problem with the fronts rubbing when turning and hitting a bump at the same time. The rears are fine. Is this typical or do I need a lift kit? </span></p>
<p style="margin: 7.5pt;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Arial;"></span><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Arial; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;">I purchased ITP 589 26/9/12 on front and 26/12/12 on rear and from what read everyone seems to be able to run these sizes without any problems.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>They are mounted on ITP Wheels I think Type 7 if I remember right.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated</span></p>

Hey and welcome to the forum. I have a RTV 900 and have just got a new set of ITP mudlite XTR tires but have not put them on yet. I know that on the inside of the bed of my rtv it tells what size tires to use and it sais 25". If the tire size is the same with the 100 this could be your problem. Your tires may just be too big. As far as the lift kit, i would love to have my RTV a couple inches higher but i have heard bad things about the lift kit and quite frankly i think its just more trouble than it's worth.</p>

</p>

Johndeeremho</p>

ihunt2,</p>

Welcome to the forum...........I have 27x10x12 Super Grip tires all around on my rtv-1100 and have no problems at all........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
ihunt2, </p>

WelcomeTo Our World !!!!</p>

I have 27" 589's on our 900 >>> Really, no problem.</p>

But, if I turn the RTV very hard to the left,and crossing a small ditch, like what is on the side ofa field,one can barely hear it rub, but very lightly.</p>

</p>

...........two guns </p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome ihunt2, I have an '05 900 and have 589's 26" tall , 9"wide in front 12 "wide in the rear. I have zero rub. Before these tires which I just bought this Fall, I had the Mudlite XTR's 27" 9" in front 11" in back. I had zero rub on those as well. I have no lift kit.Is the "toe in " ok on your RTV? I was thinking if it was out of adjustment you might get some type of rub??? Did you buy your unit new? and how many hours? I wore out one of my ball joints about 2 years ago -- There was a lot of "freeplay" when that happened -- jacked up the wheel and wow did it wiggle around that balljoint. So I make the call to Messicks , order them -delivered to the door and put I 'em on..!! I know nothing about the difference of an 1100's weight and that may be part of the deal..Some of the new changes are leaving some of us "old" owners in the dark. Good luck.... Bordercollie</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Listen to bordercollie,</p>

She has the " PERFECT " sizefor the RTV . . . If I had to do it again, 26 inches would be on ours. For the 26's will go everywhere the 27'swill ..... Save that money, less chances of anything rubbing on the 1100 series units.</p>

</p>

........ two guns </p>

</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.</p>

Does your unit have steering stoppers on the back of the lower A-frame so you don't steer too far and brake a U-joint or something? If you're steering just a little too far, that could cause the rub. Do a search on the forum for more info on the steering stoppers.</p>

</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Ihunt2:</p>

Welcome to the Forum. In here you can find sound advice and stories and experiences from actual owners of RTV's. And if you don't mind, you get agood dose of humor as well. Actually, it doesn't matter if you mind of not about the humor and wise cracks,just thought I would throw that in. Come back often and share with us the good, the bad and the ugly.</p>

Keifer, a TRV wannabe</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
welcome to the bratt-pack hope you enjoy the ride. and bordercollie"doe's show is sum nice looken man oops i mean lady tar's u got dare."</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, they grip and handle well.I paid about $423 for the 4-- with shipping if I remember right. I depend on them and the RTV to make my living . Somedays I am on it all day-somedays lately just an hr or so. Bordercollie</p>

ihunt2

</p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;">Thanks to all for all for the warm welcome.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>I have really enjoyed all the information on the RTV and the experiences everyone has shared.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"></span></span></p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: small;"><font face="Times New Roman"><o:p></o:p></font></span></p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;">I have had my 1100 for about 6 months and only have about 200 house on it but I can’t say I have ever found another machine that has performed as much to my needs.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>In the past I have used an ATV more like a tractor or like I use the RTV.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>The RTV has pulled every trailer, hauled every load like it was not even there.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>My only complaint was the OEM ATV type tires left a lot to be desired in the mud as they would clog up since it can’t spin gas enough to clean them out.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>Since I have put the ITP 589’s on there I have gone more places in 2wd then it would go in 4wd with the rears locked with the OEM’s.</span></p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: small;"><font face="Times New Roman"><o:p></o:p></font></span></p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;">I have just been concerned that there is a bit of rubbing on the fronts in a tight turn especially when loaded turning and crossing a rut.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>I was just wondering if it was something normal or if maybe Kubota had put weaker springs on my front by accident or something.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>The rubbing only hits the inner part of the plastic fender extensions and occasionally on the rear of the inner fender well.It is enough that it has worn a little of the paint on the back of the inner fender well.</span></p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Mine will do the same thing crossing a rut >>>
Train yourself not to turn as sharp when rut crossing..... What you aregoing threw mustbe normal, for I know of many that does that, not just yours. I'm running 589's also, ina 27 inch size.
</p>

Your are exactly right about how far the 589's willbring you. Trust me, I have put them threw thetest down here in theLouisiana swamps, and they have never let me down.Thisis the time of year where the swamps get really bad. And everytime we go into deep in the swamps, Inow never worry about coming out, for the RTV with 589's for feet walk us out safely, surely , and ALWAYS get us back.Best not to let them rub,after awhile, you will get used tonot turning so sharp in ruts and ditches, that you will not evennoticeit ....</p>

Everything you are going threw is normal when you put bigger, aftermarket tires on, and runlike you do >>>></p>

P.S.</p>

Would not hurt to load them up with Slime >>> Great Stuff >>>> </p>

Might not need this much in your tires, but I'm running 1/2 galllon per tire on these we are running. Honey Locust and Jesus thorns in these swamps get over 6-8 inches long, and as big as your finger . </p>