Tired of winter since December......

irwin

Got out of the house early this morning, well early for a saturday, 9:00am. Dragged a few trees out of the woods before the rain and snow started, felt good to beat the weather . This is my back yard.

and the drive way side, that's an ancient JD seeder in the center..

The workshop and the gas sipping daily vehicles.

jbrumberg

irwin:

I agree- a pretty boring winter so far. I have been looking forward to my driveway icing up so I can groom it with my BB :wink:. The BB does a pretty good job- SWMBO actually likes that attachment :cool:. The snow has been slowly accumulating to my "trigger" point last couple of days with today's and tomorrow's anticipated snow I will get some tractor seat time :thumb: tomorrow. Jay:letitsnow:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No seat time at all here. The ground is sooooo wet and soggy. Haven't had a snow accumulation yet that got me any seat time. 3" was the most so far. We've had the cold weather but not the snow. All rain.
At least we are about halfway through February. Spring is just a tad over a month away. Doesn't that sound better? :thumb: :D

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
You guys wouldn't like it here since there's no snow to plow. Temps are mid 60's this week.

I took these yesterday - The first is a down tree I need to remove. (Note the wildflowers). The other pic shows a chunk I cut out of the Acacia yesterday next to the driveway so I can get a full size truck in here next summer for harvest.

Please nobody more move to California. Nobody comes here any more, it's too crowded. You wouldn't like it anyway.

Attachments

• P1160852rWildflowers&downTree.JPG
    P1160852rWildflowers&downTree.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 302
  • P1160862rAcaciaTrimmed.JPG
    P1160862rAcaciaTrimmed.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 297

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just now my neighbor flew up out of his ravine making a big racket. With annoyances like this maybe people will stop moving here.

Attachments

• P1160880rUltralight.JPG
    P1160880rUltralight.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 208
  • P1160885rUltralight.JPG
    P1160885rUltralight.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Seat time:

In winter you guys move snow, I move storm debris.

This photo was January 12 after what must have been a '10 year' storm. The Redwood trees in the background shed a half ton of debris.

I've been thinking of putting a carport-type structure under the redwoods but some of the limbs that came down were up to 8 inches. I think I need more solid construction, maybe corrugated over plywood like the old shed already there. The old timers knew what they were doing.

Attachments

• P1160781rHaulRwoodDebris.jpg
    P1160781rHaulRwoodDebris.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 422

irwin

You guys wouldn't like it here since there's no snow to plow. Temps are mid 60's this week.
~snip~
Please nobody more move to California. Nobody comes here any more, it's too crowded. You wouldn't like it anyway.

Okay, okay we get it :fight: I'll just have to stay on the right coast and suck it up...:alc::yankchain: It's too cold or muddy to do much tractor'ing here (I think I'm now addicted to TV:badidea: ) No snow moving with the tractor anyway (got a 3/4 ton GMC with a 8 foot fisher plow), so anytime I can get some productive work done using the tractor in winter is precious and few.

By the way California, great little slice of earth you have there, glad the storm damage keeps you on the seat and off the armchair.:wave:

irwin

No seat time at all here. The ground is sooooo wet and soggy. Haven't had a snow accumulation yet that got me any seat time. 3" was the most so far. We've had the cold weather but not the snow. All rain.
At least we are about halfway through February. Spring is just a tad over a month away. Doesn't that sound better? :thumb: :D

Hiya Doc:,
This makes two saturdays in a row I've been able to move earth and drag tree trunks. :wink: ..Before that, well not much at all.

In the fall I had 16 yards of powdered stone delivered, and the same amount of clean fill, so I used the FEL and backhoe to clean a passage accross uncharted terrain then used the fill and stone to start a tractor worthy road last saturday, today moved the rest of a tree I cut down (a BIG tree) of course I find out the wife wanted something else done after I'd already started...her job had to wait.:shitHitsFan:

irwin

irwin:

I agree- a pretty boring winter so far. I have been looking forward to my driveway icing up so I can groom it with my BB :wink:. The BB does a pretty good job- SWMBO actually likes that attachment :cool:. The snow has been slowly accumulating to my "trigger" point last couple of days with today's and tomorrow's anticipated snow I will get some tractor seat time :thumb: tomorrow. Jay:letitsnow:

Jay.:wave:

Here's to spring, may it come with the right amount of sun and rain, and may all our equiptment continue to function properly.:Tip-Hat2: