RTV500 fuel problem

montshep

I have a 2015 RTV500 last week I purchased gas and filled the tank later I started it and it idled fine but when I stepped on the peddle it died. I restarted it and it idled but when I gave it some gas it started running rough and shut off. I drained the tank and found water in the fuel. I got a different gas can and poured gas in a clear glass jar to make sure there wasn't any water in it. I put the fresh fuel in and I still having problems. I drained the fuel again but no water this time still the same cranks, idles but step on peddle and it spits and sputters and dies. Kubota dealer said that there is water in the carb but it's fuel injected. HELP!!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe some seafoam or stabil added to the fuel would help.

montshep

I've used heet and stabil and nether one seemed to help. I put heet in and let it set over night, the next AM I started it up and let it idle for about 30 minutes before accelerating and it shut off. Drained the gas again, added fuel and stabil left it set until next AM same thing idle, accelerate and shut off. After draining the tank both times the gas was coming out clean.

Reactions: Doc

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wonder if you may have a pin hole or crack in a fuel line. The engine isn't calling for a lot of fuel at idle but when you hit the gas pedal and it tries to draw hard, air is being sucked in through a hole/crack messing up the fuel mixture.

Reactions: Doc