RTV X1120D Heater

DEK

Has anyone installed a heater in a RTV X1120D? I am thinking about putting a heater in my 2013 and I have read the installation manual for a Kubota OEM VC5083 heater kit. Has anyone installed that kit? Only issue might be drilling holes for ductwork to vents, especially since I already have a cab with windshield that make it difficult to drill two upper holes. Probably have to remove windshield and more to get those holes cut. I am also wondering how effective the barrier included in the kit for blocking cold air from getting into the cab is? The kit and wiring is about $650. Pricey but that's the way it is.

I have seen aftermarket heaters that are cheaper but I'm not sure they might be as effective.

Anyhow, just looking for some ideas, experiences, with the OEM heater or other heaters for a Kubota RTV X1120D.

Thanks.

628pm

Site Supporter
Not for sure if that is the same kit as the one I installed on my x900 (2014), but I already had the cab on mine also. I was able to get it installed, but might of said a few choice words while doing it.

Be sure when you route your hoses that you don't get a kink in it. I did and wasn't able to see it. Wasn't getting heat out of the system, until I finally removed the hose and started over.

As far as the shield that goes in front, it does help. Very tight fit, you might have to angle it a little to work.

Overall I am well pleased with my kubota heater.

DEK

628PM
Thanks for the quick reply. It's especially nice hearing from someone who has installed a heater in a similar RTV.

I looked up the part number for your model X900 and it lists the VC5083 as the same heater kit. I am most interested in hearing how you drilled the two holes on top of the dash for the vent tubing that extends to the vents on the left and right. If I see the instructions correctly, the holes are to drilled on top between the led display and the windshield frame. How do you get in there without removing the windshield and frame? Can you provide a photo of the holes you drilled with the tubes coming through them and some instruction how you got it done?

Thanks for the heads up on the hoses and making sure they aren't kinked. And thanks for mentioning the barrier. I was concerned about its effectiveness and installatIon.

I see in your profile that you have a BOSS v plow. I've been thinking about getting one because they are well built. Does yours work well, did you install it yourself, how much did you pay if you don't mind.

Thanks again the reply and info.

628pm

Site Supporter
Might not get pictures to you until Monday, but I will try and get some.

If I remember right I opened the windshield and used an angle drill to cut my holes.

Boss plow is extremely well built, probably overkill for my personal use. I did install it myself, just took some time and followed the instructions. Had to run cables from the battery to the front compartment.

I believe I paid around 3400.00 for it from a place in New York.

I see where you live at you would get alt of use out of it.

I installed a rear view camera in the rtv the other day, I believe that will be very useful when pushing snow. Actually installed 2 cameras, one on the back lower plate by the rear receiver and one by the top of the cab where I have been a rear work light mounted.

Last thing I installed was front and rear hazard lights to use when pushing snow.

These things are just money pits when you start seeing all of the neat stuff the members on this forum install on their equipment.

DEK

Harbor Freight has a right angle attachment for a drill. I'm going to give it a look. I don't think I'll use it a lot, so it might work well for the two holes I would need to drill.

I checked with the local BOSS plow supplier and the 6'6" v plow is about $3350 plus tax. It includes everything including the light kit.

I also want to install an LED light bar up front and a rear work light. Might be overkill if I install the plow with light kit, but it will be nice when plow is detached.

Yes, I am beginning to see a person can put a lot of money into accessories and attachments.

Hopefully you can get me some pictures of the holes you drilled for the heater ducts. I'm looking forward to seeing them. They will be a huge help, better than the print drawing that is on the instructions.

Thanks again and Happy New Year.

628pm

Site Supporter
Does your vehicle have the heavy duty struts and springs on the front end, I had those put on when I bought my vehicle. Supposedly they are needed when a cab is installed. If you buy a boss plow you will want the heavy duty suspension in front.

DEK

I bought the RTV used from the original owner. The cab was installed by dealer, so I assume the heavy duty struts and springs were installed at that time. Is there any way to distinguish the original struts and springs from the heavy duty? Can I look at the springs and struts and see that they are heavy duty?

Do you have the atv tires or the 350 Mag OR tires? I've got the atv tires, but I'm thinking of getting something different. I don't think I need something as aggressive as the atv tire. I would like to replace them with a radial tire maybe even different size. I like the looks of the Maxxis Ceros. Do you have any suggestions?

628pm

Site Supporter
You might want to check with the original owner about the struts.

I have the factory installed tires notfor sure what the are called. Like to get some different tires and wheels, but can't justify it.

2 other things to look at

Do you have the accessory fuse block on your driver side front inner fender. If you are going to install accessories that is a must in my opinion.

Hand throttle is nice if you are going to get a plow, again that is my opinion.

I also put a switch activated 12 volt accessory plug at the back of the vehicle. I used my rtv to spray with a tank sprayer and to spread fertilize with a 12 volt spreader.

As you can tell there are several wires and hose that will need to be run underneath your vehicle. Try to plan to run all at one time unless you like taking off the skid plates and crawling underneath the vehicle.

More money

DEK

The original owner passed away. His family sold the RTV, his Kubota tractor, trailers, etc. I've got the name of the dealer that sold it, so I'll give them a call.

Yes, it does have the fuse block on the inner fender. It also has a 4000 lb Kubota Warn winch mounted on a Warn receiver plate so it can be used on the front and back, an engine block heater, a Kubota bed liner (not sure why because the box has spray protectant), and a 12V heater. I'm looking at replacing the 12V heater because its output is only about 300W yet draws quite a few amps.

I want to put a slow moving vehicle sign on the expanded metal behind the sat, but I don't know how to get it in there with the rear cab installed. No opening anywhere.

DEK

They look good. So the ductwork is concealed behind the cover that is included in the kit? Did you use just a right angle drill with 2 1/4" saw?

I see you have exterior mirrors. Kubota exterior mirrors?

628pm

Site Supporter
Mirrors are from Kubota, but they are a little restricted between the cab being on and off. You will have to move them.

Here are some pictures of a few items you talked about. Also my bank of switches I use
aux switch for rear aux attachments
front work lights
heater
rear work lights
Hazard lighting
Red button allows you to change flashing pattern of hazard lighting (kind of neat)

lower switch is for my rear view camera, making new bracket for lower camera, (changing screws, and leveling new bracket, current one works good but not neat)

Hope this helps you. Members have many ideas on this site, Most of what I did was based on their info. Not as good as some, but works for me.

Attachments

• KUBOTA1.jpg
    KUBOTA1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 74
  • KUBOTA2.jpg
    KUBOTA2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 75
  • KUBOTA3.jpg
    KUBOTA3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 73
  • KUBOTA4.jpg
    KUBOTA4.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 76
  • KUBOTA5.jpg
    KUBOTA5.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 76
  • KUBOTA6.jpg
    KUBOTA6.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 74
  • KUBOTA7.jpg
    KUBOTA7.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 73
  • KUBOTA8.jpg
    KUBOTA8.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 74

DEK

Thanks for all the photos, info, and ideas.

Your mods really look good and I'll bet they are very functional.

I have been wondering how I will clean the inside of the rear window? Any ideas?