RTV 900 Won't Move

dtreid

New to me rtv 900. When I got it it would barely move under full throttle. Figured it wes the wear plates on the hst motors. Replaced them, now I get no movement at all. Even tried switching another complete valve plate. Hst motors were all in good shape. Changed the trans filters as well.

I'm a bit stumped. Any suggestions?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Will it move in 4wd? Some members have had stripped splines on rear axles causing no movement.

dtreid

Plugged a pressure gauge into the charge pressure port. I'm only getting 20psi. Checked the charge relief spring like the manual says. Looks fine.
Now what?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Please remind me what the manual says about the relief valve and spring? Does the manual give a length spec for the spring? The redundant question.. has the oil been changed and replaced with sudt and are the filters oem and in the correct position.

dtreid

The charge relief valve is just a simple little spring. It's not broken. Just to be sure I replaced it with another one I had and no change. Oil is good and filters are new

dtreid

I drained the oil to check the rubber hoses going up to the suction filter. Unfortunately they are fine. Not sure where to look next. Don't want the pull the tranny apart to check the charge pump unless I'm sure that's where the problem lies.