New Side by Side

ItBmine

So decided to purchase another SxS that is a little faster than my RTX-X1100C since all my friends have 1000 turbo's. I was on the fence about CF Moto as they are a Chinese company but they do build engines for both KTM and Yamaha and have been kicking butt in Moto GP and the Dakar races.
So I decided to try one. For a comparison, a new Polaris RZR 900 Trail (the cheapest RZR) is just over $20,000 here. I got this new Z-Force 950 H.O. EX on sale for $15,999 Canadian. And it comes standard with the roof, doors, very bright LED head and tail lights, turn signals, horn, rear view mirrors, CV Tech clutches, and a 3500 pound winch with synthetic rope. I added the windshield and have a rear window coming.
So far everything I have ordered from CF Moto has come within two days. And my dealer, who also sells Polaris told me "honestly I get more Polaris back in for repairs."
So we'll see how it goes over the long run. It has a 5 year warranty.

I love it so far. It sounds awesome with that vee twin engine with dual exhaust. But still WAY quieter in the cockpit than the RZR 900, RZR 1000, Can Am Turbo 1000 and Yamaha Viking's I have driven. May not beat any of those in a race, I don't even know how fast this thing will go, but I can say it is VERY responsive and pulls hard from 0 to 45/50 MPH. So that is all I need anyway.

Attachments

• 20240416_174401.jpg
    20240416_174401.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240416_174411.jpg
    20240416_174411.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240407_203634.jpg
    20240407_203634.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240407_203642.jpg
    20240407_203642.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240407_203131.jpg
    20240407_203131.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 5

ItBmine

One for work and one for play. And still only the price of ONE of those new Polaris's invested, LOL

Attachments

• 20240406_154434.jpg
    20240406_154434.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240405_122539.jpg
    20240405_122539.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice. We bought a Honda Pioneer 1000 a few years ago for the same reason. We were riding with groups and needed a little more umph to keep up and run the trails. It's not the fastest or best mudding machine. No problem. I don't even try the big mud holes. I go around them. I have nothing to prove to anyone. Don't care.
One reason we went Honda was that it was not belt drive like Polaris. Heard a lot of troubles with the belt drive on Polaris.
What kind of drive does the CF Moto have?

ItBmine

Very nice. We bought a Honda Pioneer 1000 a few years ago for the same reason. We were riding with groups and needed a little more umph to keep up and run the trails. It's not the fastest or best mudding machine. No problem. I don't even try the big mud holes. I go around them. I have nothing to prove to anyone. Don't care.
One reason we went Honda was that it was not belt drive like Polaris. Heard a lot of troubles with the belt drive on Polaris.
What kind of drive does the CF Moto have?
CF is belt CVT also. CV Tech clutches.
I loved those Pioneer 1000's. I was going to buy one in 2021 but they were $36,000 here, so I went with the RTV with all the accessories and Boss plow for a grand less.
I don't know about the new Polaris's but I plowed and trail rode with my 2004 Sportsman for 8 years on original belt. Only changed it for peace of mind and it was still fine. And still running it.

ItBmine

I'm like that too now Doc. I'm not into extreme mudding and rock climbing. When I say I bought the "sport" machine to go faster with my friends, it's only so I can go 45 MPH instead of the RTV's 25 MPH for roading and long trail sections.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I agree 45 to 50 is fast enough for me on open road. On trails it's more like 30 to 40 but only going from one rough spot to another.
I rented a polaris out in Utah and rode in the dessert. Wow. Had a blast. it was the 900. So much fun to drive. More comfortable than the honda too. Prices on all the 'toys' have gone through the roof ...like everything else I guess.
Congrats on your new toy. LOL

ItBmine

I agree 45 to 50 is fast enough for me on open road. On trails it's more like 30 to 40 but only going from one rough spot to another.
I rented a polaris out in Utah and rode in the dessert. Wow. Had a blast. it was the 900. So much fun to drive. More comfortable than the honda too. Prices on all the 'toys' have gone through the roof ...like everything else I guess.
Congrats on your new toy. LOL
You found the 900 Polaris more comfortable than the Pioneer?? I never got to drive a Pioneer, but I have driven Polaris RZR 900's and 1000's and I didn't like how loud and how hot they are in the cockpit.
Polaris does have nice suspension though. It's just too bad their coil springs, shocks and wheel bearings don't last any more.

ItBmine

Like I have been saying......if only I could have a diesel RTV with climate controlled cab same as mine that could go 30 to 35 MPH that would have been the only machine I ever need.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Like I have been saying......if only I could have a diesel RTV with climate controlled cab same as mine that could go 30 to 35 MPH that would have been the only machine I ever need.
Yep, I'd agree 1000%

DK35vince

CF is belt CVT also. CV Tech clutches.
I loved those Pioneer 1000's. I was going to buy one in 2021 but they were $36,000 here, so I went with the RTV with all the accessories and Boss plow for a grand less.
I don't know about the new Polaris's but I plowed and trail rode with my 2004 Sportsman for 8 years on original belt. Only changed it for peace of mind and it was still fine. And still running it.
I have a 2016 Polaris RZR 900s EPS
11, 850 miles on it and I've never had a belt issue. I've changed a couple belts for piece of mind, but the belt I took off still looked just fine (carry one of them for a spare) (and yes I snowplow with it also, not that we get much snow here anymore)
I bought my 2016 RZR 900s used (like new) in 2017 with only 160 miles on it for $13,000

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

ItBmine

I have a 2016 Polaris RZR 900s EPS
11, 850 miles on it and I've never had a belt issue. I've changed a couple belts for piece of mind, but the belt I took off still looked just fine (carry one of them for a spare) (and yes I snowplow with it also, not that we get much snow here anymore)
I bought my 2016 RZR 900s used (like new) in 2017 with only 160 miles on it for $13,000
Have you had wheel bearing issues or do I just have the knack for buying all the lemon Polaris's? LOL I haven't had a good one since that 2004 which I still have.

DK35vince

Have you had wheel bearing issues or do I just have the knack for buying all the lemon Polaris's? LOL I haven't had a good one since that 2004 which I still have.
I think I've changed all the wheel bearings once. 11,850 miles on it .
Carrier bearings have been more of an issue. I replaced several carrier bearings.
Replaced all the A arm bushings once.
Overall I can't complain, its been pretty good. Its never given me any trouble on the trail or left me stranded. (other than a few flat tires I had to fix on the trail)
But I do maintain it pretty well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

I think I've changed all the wheel bearings once. 11,850 miles on it .
Carrier bearings have been more of an issue. I replaced several carrier bearings.
Replaced all the A arm bushings once.
Overall I can't complain, its been pretty good. Its never given me any trouble on the trail or left me stranded. (other than a few flat tires I had to fix on the trail)
But I do maintain it pretty well.
You can't complain at all with that kind of mileage. My last Polaris didn't go 2500 KM before it needed wheel bearings, and all four shocks and springs. Same with my friends RZR 1000. And I only ride on maintained gravel logging roads.

I'm real interested to see how this CF Moto is gunna be. I've heard all kinds of mixed results on them too.

Smilingreen

You can't complain at all with that kind of mileage. My last Polaris didn't go 2500 KM before it needed wheel bearings, and all four shocks and springs. Same with my friends RZR 1000. And I only ride on maintained gravel logging roads.

I'm real interested to see how this CF Moto is gunna be. I've heard all kinds of mixed results on them too.
You really can't trust on-line reviews anymore. Either it's done by a kid who has no mechanical aptitude, gets a brand new one for X-mas and proceeds to beat the shit out of it right out of the gate, and then attempts to write a crappy review when he blows the engine up @ < 600 hours. Or, it is someone who bought one, has used it twice driving down the street and then back home and they write a review of how great it is. Another year or two, maybe there will be some decent reviews of how good or how bad they are? Historically, the reputation of Chinese made products would say it would be crap. But, who knows? They may end up being great.

Smilingreen

So decided to purchase another SxS that is a little faster than my RTX-X1100C since all my friends have 1000 turbo's. I was on the fence about CF Moto as they are a Chinese company but they do build engines for both KTM and Yamaha and have been kicking butt in Moto GP and the Dakar races.
So I decided to try one. For a comparison, a new Polaris RZR 900 Trail (the cheapest RZR) is just over $20,000 here. I got this new Z-Force 950 H.O. EX on sale for $15,999 Canadian. And it comes standard with the roof, doors, very bright LED head and tail lights, turn signals, horn, rear view mirrors, CV Tech clutches, and a 3500 pound winch with synthetic rope. I added the windshield and have a rear window coming.
So far everything I have ordered from CF Moto has come within two days. And my dealer, who also sells Polaris told me "honestly I get more Polaris back in for repairs."
So we'll see how it goes over the long run. It has a 5 year warranty.

I love it so far. It sounds awesome with that vee twin engine with dual exhaust. But still WAY quieter in the cockpit than the RZR 900, RZR 1000, Can Am Turbo 1000 and Yamaha Viking's I have driven. May not beat any of those in a race, I don't even know how fast this thing will go, but I can say it is VERY responsive and pulls hard from 0 to 45/50 MPH. So that is all I need anyway.
I saw this one listed for $11k in Indiana. Canadian must be much higher.

ItBmine

I saw this one listed for $11k in Indiana. Canadian must be much higher.

They sale price here in Canada was $15,999. The odd thing is, the US model come with the door inserts to close the whole door in while here I had to buy them, but ours come with turn signals and the US ones don't.

ItBmine

Finally got out for another ride today. Weather was crap here all week. I really like it so far.

Attachments

• 20240421_103511.jpg
    20240421_103511.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240421_101843.jpg
    20240421_101843.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240421_103325 - Copy.jpg
    20240421_103325 - Copy.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240421_104902.jpg
    20240421_104902.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240421_114524.jpg
    20240421_114524.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 6

DK35vince

I have done a lot of upgrades to my RZR 900s over the years.
Shock Therapy dual rate springs for a better ride
Aftermarket Assassins power tuner and clutch kit
S&B particle separator
4 point harnesses.
Glass windshield with windshield wiper and washer.
Poly roof and back window
Heater and upper doors for riding/plowing in the winter
A arm guards
Fender flares to keep the mud from slinging all over us.
Heat shielding/sound deadening on the firewall and console
Rear cargo box
Etc.

Last edited: