Kubota V-Plow

Tom B

Jonathan - that's a nice looking combo. I ordered a Boss V plow for my new 1100C, it was cheaper than the Kubota unit and is self contained. I have a Blizzard straight plow on my 900 and really like it being self contained.

I'm sure you're going to love the combination that you picked, and welcome to the site.

Tom

Tom B

Finally had the Boss v Plow mounted:

Attachments

• IMG_3311.jpg
    IMG_3311.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_3315.jpg
    IMG_3315.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 253

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sweet! So, how did it do on protecting the RTV when driving through the corn?

628pm

Site Supporter
You can download the instruction manual from the Boss website. I should be receiving my V Plow within a couple of weeks, I think it should take me about 3 - 4 hours to get it put together and installed.

Tom B

Looks great!

What width blade do you get for the RTV? Maybe the Boss dealer would know that?

Is it hard to self install?

If you don't mind my asking what was the total cost?

Thanks

The size is standard for Boss UTV's is 6"-6".

The dealer did the install............ I anticpated issues with the smart hitch / winch, but there wasn't.

I received three prices, they varied $1,0000.

Plow - $2900
SmartHitch - $150
Headlights - $259 (not sure they are needed)
Plow shoes - $87
Labor - $250

rapracing

Best price I've found for plow, snow deflector, plow shoes installed is $3515 + tax. Next closest was $3850

ETA: For a Boss

rapracing

do you know how much it is with out the installation and where did you buy it from Thanks

Sorry! They're charging $250 to put it on.

I ordered it yesterday. They have everything just need the time to get the machine to them to get the work done

rapracing

Taking my machine to have boss v-plow installed in the morning.

Do you guys do anything to beef up suspension on the front or is it GTG?

Kanook

Because the 1100 has the factory cab, it likely already has the HD coils so I suspect it's GTG.

628pm

Site Supporter
Put my boss vplow on for the first time yesterday, playing with the adjustment for the down action.

Kanook

Re-installed my Blizzard snow blade yesterday...just in time...woke up to 8 deer in the back yard and white stuff on the ground that I don't think is 'hollywood soap flakes'.

Tom B

Taking my machine to have boss v-plow installed in the morning.

Do you guys do anything to beef up suspension on the front or is it GTG?

I didn't do anything to the front end. Messick's confirmed that the 1100/cab models have the heavy duty front end. I was changing the wheels/tires yesterday and remembered that the suspension is adjustable. This is from the Owners manual, I might change mine from the stock setting to position 1 which is stronger/heavy load.

Attachments

• 1100c.jpg
    1100c.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 127

rapracing

Well it took them nearly 7 hours but it's on and seems to be working other than there is no snow to plow (THANK GOD).

They said this was only the third x model they installed and it was more involved than the older machines.

After it was on it took them about an hour to get things adjusted so it was sitting level on the floor. The installer said not that I had it on the machine I was "probably hoping for a BIG snow". I told him the only reason I had it installed was hoping it didn't snow at all. Hopefully I will not need it

Matt

Well it took them nearly 7 hours but it's on and seems to be working other than there is no snow to plow (THANK GOD). They said this was only the third x model they installed and it was more involved than the older machines. After it was on it took them about an hour to get things adjusted so it was sitting level on the floor. The installer said not that I had it on the machine I was "probably hoping for a BIG snow". I told him the only reason I had it installed was hoping it didn't snow at all. Hopefully I will not need it

Could you post some pics of how it mounts, thinking of trying to do my own install -thanks-

628pm

Site Supporter
Matt,
I installed my Boss Vplow myself. When installing the brackets on the front, the hardest part is realigning the the bumper and skid plate in the front of the rtv. (My RTV is a 2014 x900) Wiring is a little hard feeding the cable to your battery location. Also you have to mount a solenoid onto your inside front fender. I bought the smart hitch 2, but didn't get it to work properly, so I took it back off. Haven't had time to do anything with that. Boss tech support said they would help me, but we started remodeling the house, so no time to work on the Smart hitch 2 process. Bottom line I did it all myself, if you are handy with tools and read the instructions, it will take you around 4 -6 hours to complete. ( you can download the instruction on installation before you purchase)

Mark.Sibole

:letitsnow:Load it up and bring it here to try out.Im already tired of plowing.
But i have made a few changes to my method this year.The Grim reapers still rock in the snow so thats a given i have tons of traction.With the new Wood Boiler now i keep a machine full of wood for the stove so i have a lot of balast which in return means heavier which means more traction which means i can push a ton of snow which means when i do get it stuck its really really stuck.:blob_blue:The only thing other than that this year is it sits out by the boiler all the time and probably wont be in its cozy bed in the garage.It has to work for a living now lol.
I do not like to have to clean the snow off of it when i want to plow or go hunting but life goes on.Id rather clean a bit of snow off of it than have to drag wood up from the wood shed.All in all i think its gunna be another long cold snowey winter here but its a nice comfortable 75 in the house so :letitsnow::letitsnow::letitsnow: